Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

EZCA V3.0.1.81. extended turbulence section?

Just got this and in the promo video it shows and extended turbulence section but on my version this is blanked out,,,any ideas?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

you could make a request to Nickbe  on the Flight One support forum .He should be able to help. Nick is currently working on a update

of the user manual which should be ot soon.

Edited by rickgo

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

You have to click the option in the General Settings tab, down the right hand side.

bob

• Like 1

Thanks,,old age setting in 🙂

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Enhanced Turbulence is one of the reason why I prefer EZCA over CP. The thing that you can customise it and introduce tiny movements to the aircraft, so the air is never super smooth is a gold in my world. It kills "flying on rails" feel for me. If you want to use it with Active Sky, be sure to DISABLE (set to 0) turbulence effects in AS options. AS will still inject the turbulence, and EZDOK will use the data to inject it with its enhanced turbulence effects, with your values. It needs a bit of tinkering to get it right, but it's far better than default.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

11 hours ago, warbirds said:

Just got this and in the promo video it shows and extended turbulence section but on my version this is blanked out,,,any ideas?

In EZCA general settings, you need to enable the XTm module. The turbulence module works even if you don't use ActiveSky. In this case, it decodes the METAR present in the simulator, so any weather engine will provide data for turbulence. But if ActiveSky is installed, the EZCA3 receives all the weather data directly from ActiveSky, and in this case the turbulence simulation is the most reliable.

10 hours ago, rickgo said:

Nick is currently working on a update

of the user manual which should be ot soon.

Unfortunately, I had health problems for the last month, so I couldn't finish describing the Extended effects editor. But I'll get back to work soon and finish it.

5 hours ago, Pe11e said:

If you want to use it with Active Sky, be sure to DISABLE (set to 0) turbulence effects in AS options

In my opinion, it is better not to disable the effect of turbulence in the ActiveSky. It is a great complement to what makes the EZCA3 to turbulence. ActiveSky adds some effects, such as microburst and together with the EZdok it all looks very interesting.

=======

Happy New year and Merry Christmas!

Have a nice flight to all of you!

Edited by Nickbe
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Thanks,,great software,,:)

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

17 hours ago, Nickbe said:

In my opinion, it is better not to disable the effect of turbulence in the ActiveSky. It is a great complement to what makes the EZCA3 to turbulence. ActiveSky adds some effects, such as microburst and together with the EZdok it all looks very interesting.

Ok, but I have issue to adjust everything right. When you use EZDOK turbulence in correlation with Active Sky and RealTurb, it gets messy. RealTurb is injecting its effects in the same time with EZDOK and ActiveSky. I tried AS turbulence at 20-30, it was still too strong when using with EZDOK turublence and RealTurb. The thing is, I want to set ezdok turbulence to mimic XP11 physics - in other words I will usually set turbulence strength to 0.5, and frequency to 0.3-0.4. Next I have setup advanced turbulence effects in EZDOK (the advanced menu that had to be enabled via the ini file) and adjusted the intensity of all turbulence types. Now I must find how to setup the frequency of injected turbulences, because 0.4 are making the aircraft to move around very slow, like in XP11. When AS injects turbulence, it must start shaking much faster and stronger, depending on intensity. It's tricky.

Any advice is welcomed, especialyl from EZDOK dev. 🙂

Thank you in advance!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

On 1/12/2020 at 1:23 AM, Pe11e said:

Any advice is welcomed, especialyl from EZDOK dev.

XTM - turbulence module.

XTm_AFX.jpg

The XTM turbulence module is configured in the advanced editor in the SHAKES section.

The General oscillation levels from the turbulence generators are set by sliders along the X Y Z P B H axes - these are the X,Y, Z, Pitch, Bank and Head axes.

IGR (INITIAL GENERATOR RATE) - sets the initial base frequency of all generators - small value - low oscillation frequency and Vice versa - high value - high oscillation frequency. This parameter (IGR) corresponds to the "TONE" slider in the Simple effects editor.

To adjust the oscillation pattern for different turbulence levels, you can directly select the turbulence type (DIRECT SOURCE SELECTION) in the next box of the advanced editor.

I describe the parameters to configure.

GAIN - the level of the turbulence effect of the selected type.

SHARP - the nature of the oscillations (higher value - more high-frequency bursts). 

SHEAR - depth of the turbulence effect shift (higher value - longer turbulence effect). 

The next two parameters are a kind of randomness generator of the turbulence effect (FX RANDOMIZER) with two parameters -

D-RING - dynamic range of the effect and R_INT - randomizer intervals.

These parameters make it possible to achieve a realistic character of turbulence. 

T-TIME is a Transition time-the delay time when switching from one type of turbulence to another.

Lower box "SPEED FACTOR" - adjusts the dependence of all the effects of turbulence on the speed characteristics of the aircraft.

Perhaps this information will help you.

Spoiler

Additional information about the advanced effects editor. Basic diagram of relationships within the effects processor.

AFX.jpg

Designations of the axes of the aircraft inside the simulator.

Names_of_axes.jpg

Best regards,

Edited by Nickbe
  • Like 3

Thank you very much for that...I do hope a video guide will come eventually..very good but very complex program and I love it...

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

On 1/12/2020 at 8:04 AM, Nickbe said:

XTM - turbulence module.

XTm_AFX.jpg

The XTM turbulence module is configured in the advanced editor in the SHAKES section.

The General oscillation levels from the turbulence generators are set by sliders along the X Y Z P B H axes - these are the X,Y, Z, Pitch, Bank and Head axes.

IGR (INITIAL GENERATOR RATE) - sets the initial base frequency of all generators - small value - low oscillation frequency and Vice versa - high value - high oscillation frequency. This parameter (IGR) corresponds to the "TONE" slider in the Simple effects editor.

To adjust the oscillation pattern for different turbulence levels, you can directly select the turbulence type (DIRECT SOURCE SELECTION) in the next box of the advanced editor.

I describe the parameters to configure.

GAIN - the level of the turbulence effect of the selected type.

SHARP - the nature of the oscillations (higher value - more high-frequency bursts). 

SHEAR - depth of the turbulence effect shift (higher value - longer turbulence effect). 

The next two parameters are a kind of randomness generator of the turbulence effect (FX RANDOMIZER) with two parameters -

D-RING - dynamic range of the effect and R_INT - randomizer intervals.

These parameters make it possible to achieve a realistic character of turbulence. 

T-TIME is a Transition time-the delay time when switching from one type of turbulence to another.

Lower box "SPEED FACTOR" - adjusts the dependence of all the effects of turbulence on the speed characteristics of the aircraft.

Perhaps this information will help you.

Reveal hidden contents

Additional information about the advanced effects editor. Basic diagram of relationships within the effects processor.

AFX.jpg

Designations of the axes of the aircraft inside the simulator.

Names_of_axes.jpg

Best regards,

Hi Nick,

any way to have touchdown camera shake like in EZDOK v1 or v2, but without DHM? I can only see touchdown thump shake with DHM active (at 0.5 currently), and in Advanced editor I maxed out the landing slider in the DHM tab. The main problem is - I don't like DHM effect while flying, it's distracting, so I would like to see it only on touchdowns.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Pe11e

8 hours ago, Pe11e said:

any way to have touchdown camera shake like in EZDOK v1 or v2, but without DHM? I can only see touchdown thump shake with DHM active (at 0.5 currently), and in Advanced editor I maxed out the landing slider in the DHM tab. The main problem is - I don't like DHM effect while flying, it's distracting, so I would like to see it only on touchdowns.

Hi!

In EZCA v3, the touchdown shake effect is part of the DHM effect, so it cannot be enabled when DHM is disabled, as it was in the EZCA v2 version.

But when we release the final build of EZCA v3, I hope that it will be able to adjust the DHM effect itself.

Unfortunately, the DHM effect mechanism itself is very complex to implement for EZCA3 users a simple control interface using multiple sliders. This is a complex design based on skeletal animation of the pilot's body. Unfortunately, we still can't come up with a simple and intuitive interface for easily configuring the DHM effect.

On 1/10/2020 at 8:04 PM, Pe11e said:

Enhanced Turbulence is one of the reason why I prefer EZCA over CP. The thing that you can customise it and introduce tiny movements to the aircraft, so the air is never super smooth is a gold in my world. It kills "flying on rails" feel for me. If you want to use it with Active Sky, be sure to DISABLE (set to 0) turbulence effects in AS options. AS will still inject the turbulence, and EZDOK will use the data to inject it with its enhanced turbulence effects, with your values. It needs a bit of tinkering to get it right, but it's far better than default.

Ditto!!!

Chris Camp