Sign in to follow this  
KERNEL32

Steam Workshop-Type Add on Interface?

Wouldn't it be nice if there could be a easy and clean program interface to add or remove custom scenery models to the sim (i.e. landmarks, etc) similar to the Steam Workshop? Would automatically install everything needed. Could use this interface for free or payware products as well (think, airports, aircraft, etc). 8 Eiffel towers to choose from? Have a bold red coordinate/range warning message for duplicates you may inadvertently have added..

Edited by KERNEL32

Another reason to have it distributed on Steam too 😄

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

19 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

Wouldn't it be nice if there could be a easy and clean program interface to add or remove custom scenery models to the sim (i.e. landmarks, etc) similar to the Steam Workshop? Would automatically install everything needed. Could use this interface for free or payware products as well (think, airports, aircraft, etc). 8 Eiffel towers to choose from? Have a bold red coordinate/range warning message for duplicates you may inadvertently have added..

God i wish.

The problem is the cut. Developers want to control the updates, have their own interfaces and want to keep as much of the money in their pockets. 

If MS has their own addons I can see that as part of the package assuming it would even be viable to go outside their own Xbox live format and game streaming. Which I don't. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb