Sign in to follow this  
byork

1 May 2021: NGX-U Version 1.9 Released!

The lower display logic we changed in 1.4.

The FO is blind regarding pressing the ENG button.  We can't read what's actually in the Lower Display.  It's a function we can never make everyone happy with.

If you use the stock panel state and don't touch the lower display panel panel, it should be okay.

Autobrake is read via the PMDG SDK.

I just tested it via Button Control... it worked fine for me.  It read Position #3.

Ensure you set the autobrake prior to calling for the Descent checklist.

13 hours ago, byork said:

The lower display logic we changed in 1.4.

The FO is blind regarding pressing the ENG button.  We can't read what's actually in the Lower Display.  It's a function we can never make everyone happy with.

If you use the stock panel state and don't touch the lower display panel panel, it should be okay.

Autobrake is read via the PMDG SDK.

I just tested it via Button Control... it worked fine for me.  It read Position #3.

Ensure you set the autobrake prior to calling for the Descent checklist.

On my current flight, I had the NGXu LONG state set, never touched the panel, and it gave me the hydraulics screen on the lower display during engine start sequence.

And on the descent checklist, I had autobrake level 2 set and it read back RTO.

I'll try to remember to make videos next time I fly.

Edited by shrike1978
clarify wording

Good morning,

Does anyone know if the update was sent to SimWare.Shop? That is where I purchased the NGXu FS2CREW and my download link is still 1.3A :(. I emailed them 2 weeks ago with no response. Very frustrating!

Darrin 

55 minutes ago, ddlong2009 said:

Good morning,

Does anyone know if the update was sent to SimWare.Shop? That is where I purchased the NGXu FS2CREW and my download link is still 1.3A :(. I emailed them 2 weeks ago with no response. Very frustrating!

Darrin 

I think Aerosoft handles SimW downloads now???

Edited by byork

Updated to v1.5, but configurator still says NGXu v1.4. 

Was the title on the configurator omitted or am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks.

Hi Byork,

I'm working some time now with the new 1,5 version, which generally works great (SOP2, button version). But I encountered a strange behaviour and would like to know if it's only me or this might be a bug?

I'm running windows 10-2004, Prepar3d v5 HF2 and any other software updated to the last versions, like GSX.

When processing the "Before start checklist BELOW the line", the FO replies "I've got a door light here", while ALL doors are closed. This only happens with the types 800-BCF and 800-BCFS.

Probably this is caused by the fact that those types don't have an aft door (left and right). In PMDG these are marked "INOP". I think the software logic expect those doors to excist and they are flagged open. There is NO way to perform the checklist but to ignore it and go to the next with the down arrow.

If this is indeed a bug i hope it will be put on the "buglist" to be splatted lateron.

Regards,

Leo van Beusekom

Voorschoten, The Netherlands.

I've encountered it even before v1.5.  Presume it is a PMDG cargo version issue - panel code thinks service door 2R exists, even tho it isn't in the doors menu.

Good morning,

I finally heard back from Aerosoft who manages the Simware.Shop site and they said: "We'll update the files as soon as we receive from FS2Crew." This was from Florian Venus - Aerosoft Customer Support. Simware still has 1.3A 😞 Any help?

Darrin 

19 minutes ago, ddlong2009 said:

Good morning,

I finally heard back from Aerosoft who manages the Simware.Shop site and they said: "We'll update the files as soon as we receive from FS2Crew." This was from Florian Venus - Aerosoft Customer Support. Simware still has 1.3A 😞 Any help?

Darrin 

I'll ask Aerosoft... my understand is Aerosoft runs the SimW shop now..

Cheers,