Sign in to follow this  
JonRamos29

GTN 750 and Carenado C340 - VC-issue

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck with the GTN 750 being incorporated into the Carenado C340 II in X Plane 11. The website states that it will work right out of the box, but when installed I jump in the sim and the GTN doesn't pop up on the panel, only only shows up in a windowed mode. 

Is it an .ini issue or do I just have a bad download, I have re installed both, the aircraft was purchased on the org store. 

I have run through the forums but can't seem to find it.

Thanks for the help.

Hi, for me it is impossible to have the GTN 750 build into the VC. The GTN itselfs works fine - but only in a popup window. Carenado support has no idea how to solve tha issue. Maybe RXP-support can help? Please have a look at the Wx-radar, where a part of the GTN is visible and moving(!!).

Bild1.jpg

Edited by Pidder

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

No, i bought and downloaded the C340 from Carenado direct. The Installer was "XP11CE1700 installer version 1.1", i bought on Dec 22, 2019.

Edited by Pidder

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

I'm not sure what the issue is but this just looks like a wrong ini file (say the one for another aircraft has been embedded in this one), or a miss configuration for the 3D panel (wrong display coordinates). I'd suggest you contact Carenado and let them know about this, especially as it appears such discrepancies were reported in the past (link above) between the files you get from Carenado and the ones you get from the .org store.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Well, i've had a support tiket from Carenado. They sent me a new ini-file, but this didn't help. They had no more ideas but suggest me to ask RealityXP 😕

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Hi,

It seems something is messed up somehow:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/190785-c340-ii-and-gtn750/

From the screenshot it looks like the issue is the model 3D objects not swapping the stock GPS models with the GTN 3D model. This is all based on a dataref published by the GTN which is documented in the user's manual:

"RXP/radios/indicators/gtn_unit1" and "RXP/radios/indicators/gtn_unit2" (any GTN)

"RXP/radios/indicators/gps_unit_1" and "RXP/radios/indicators/gps_unit_2" (any GTN or GNS V2)

You can cross check (dataref editor) these are properly updated when you add/remove a GTN on the aircraft (hexa codes in the user's manual footnotes p16 - GTN 750 #1 = 0x31353747 = 825571143 in decimal)

Maybe they got the dataref name wrong in their model, which could be found easily (.obj files are text you can open with notepad).

You can cross check this in opening the 'panel' obj file (most likely this one) and search for RXP, then compare each datarefs used in the obj file.

Thank you, Jean-Luc. I'm new on X-Plane. Your explanation is for the moment a bit to "high" for me. I will check this out with a XP-expert....

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Hi,

There was a bug in GTN 2.5.22 which might be the reason this doesn't work. The bug-fix is now available:

10 hours ago, Pidder said:

Unfortunatly even the new v2.5.22 doesn't help with the Carenado C340 issue :-(.

I can't specifically review this aircraft configuration right now. However, you might want to download the aircraft installer again and see whether they've fixed this in the interim?

The integration with Carenado aircraft relies on documented datarefs (see RXP User's Manual) and aircraft objects hide/show behaviour based on the value of these datarefs. The only reason 1 aircraft wouldn't work while others are working is because of a objects hide/show implementation bug. Our simvars were failing in 2.5.22 but this is now corrected with the 2.5.22.1 Hotfix.

As recommended i downloaded the installer again from Carenado which has the same version number - they didn't fix anything. 😞

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Unfortunately, the discussion link I've posted above has new messages which are not encouraging:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/190766-xp-gtn750-not-in-cockpit-integrated/&tab=comments#comment-1758453

It seems there is an issue with the aircraft files and only Carenado can update their aircraft files with the correct entries. You might want to contact the author of the post above as it seems he still has an older installer which is working for him?

This problem is not apparent on every C340 ll. I have seen videos of the same aircraft with the GTN750 integrated with no issues.