Sign in to follow this  
Feartheyankees

Nav mode won't engage RXP 750

I managed to get the plane to follow my F1 GTN750 flight plans across several successive legs... The trick seem to be for my initial leg only, I entered the departure and destination in the FMS (As was mentioned above) and then used the GTN750  to do the full flight plan thereafter. The AP NAV button does occasionally take two presses to go into LNAV mode though and that got me a few times. But as long as I didn’t press the FMS button on the Display Controller To the left of the PFD, it followed the GTN750 faithfully no matter what course changes I entered. 

I was not, however, able to get it to fly any sort of coupled GPS approach with vertical guidance but that seems to happen a lot on Carenado planes. 

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

Lol...but we need fms source as that shows CDI deflection for Gtn750

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

....anyone got an idea when the Eaglesoft one will be released and what are the advantages/disadvantages of waiting for it  ?

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Carenado tells me they're not seeing the issue where the NAV button doesn't work.  There's clearly people having issues.  Not sure what to tell them except I literally cannot press the NAV button on AP with the GTN.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

9 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Carenado tells me they're not seeing the issue where the NAV button doesn't work.  There's clearly people having issues.  Not sure what to tell them except I literally cannot press the NAV button on AP with the GTN.

Exactly what happen on the Citationmax stream, he could not activate it. I think can be seen on his twitch videos from his stream.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

9 hours ago, Vali said:

Exactly what happen on the Citationmax stream, he could not activate it. I think can be seen on his twitch videos from his stream.

I am watching his right now...disaster zone haha

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

On 1/12/2020 at 10:08 AM, aerostar said:

....anyone got an idea when the Eaglesoft one will be released and what are the advantages/disadvantages of waiting for it  ?

The 32bit version is out, no ETA on the 64bit (Which I feel was a horrible decision on their part).  Over the years I've been very unimpressed with the way Eaglesoft has handled customer relations and their development decisions.  I'm sure it will be a great airplane, however it's $120 (Is it PMDG quality? Unlikely).  It utilizes the Proline 21 system, which IMHO is garbage, even though it may be what is most common in the real life XLS.  They chose to use RealNav for navigation updates as opposed to Navigraph.  These are all things that deterred me from purchasing it.

Once Carenado released their XLS it was a no brainer for me.  With MSFS coming out this year there was no way I was going to drop $120 for Eaglesofts 32bit aircraft.  Carenado may come up short on a lot of lists, but from my experience, they have the better sales strategies and I think that's what makes them successful.  

Sorry did not mean to hijack this thread-

I've found that if you enter the departure and arrival airports in to the FMS, make sure GTN CDI is on GPS, it should follow LNAV.

Carl Thompson

Go to my Adding Reality XP GTN topic..

It is not working great, but it does steer the autopilot in NAV mode without touching the FMS.

Bert