Sign in to follow this  
Hangar145

EXTRA 300S paint job

Hello

I'm hoping someone might be in a position to help me out. We are rebuilding a 1993 Extra 300S and in the process of desiging the new paint job. I have a design I really like but it'd be amazing to see it in a 3D environment. I found a nice 300S model for one of the flight sims, I think it was FSX steam edition - I'm wondering if it's possible to have someone apply the design I've come up with to the flight sim model then show me some different views and angles of the finished model. As everyone is no doubt aware, paint lines can change the appearance of an aircraft and before we commit a paint job to a fullsize aircraft, it'd be nice to view it on the computer and check things first! This is the first time I've requested anything like this so I'm not sure of the protocol. Are there fee's associated with this and if so, what are some examples of costs? How long might a project like this take? I have a drawing of the design on paper which would act as a guide for you. I can also supply lots of sample images to demonstrate the colors I'd like etc.

Thanks in advance, I really hope this can come together. It'd be pretty crazy to see a design start in flight sim then transfer to the real world! One thing to note is it must be an EXTRA 300S. There are differences between the 300 models, it must be a 'S'. (Single seat 300HP Extra)

I'm based near Atlanta, USA if that's of any relevance.

Thanks in advance everyone.

header.jpg?t=1537350636

• Like 1

It's very cool to hear that you are restoring an Extra 300S - I hope it all works out. 

With FSX Steam Edition, or in fact any FSX version, it comes by default with a Extra 300S. The DLC you have referred to I believe is made by 'Iris Solutions' which you don't need to buy if you just want to see what the paint scheme will look like - I honestly think it would be just fine with the stock aircraft with the simulator.

I could have a go at designing something for FSX if you are able to provide some sketches like you said. I would love to help! I have done a few bits of repainting in the past and my last livery project was on my own custom FSX Extra 300 repaint, so I am fairly up to date with how to repaint the craft.

I'll attach an image below of my most recent project (SP-ACE) which was just a quick project of mine. Some of these repaints, depending on complexity can take up to a few days.

I'm happy to do this completely free of charge.

sp-ace.png