Sign in to follow this  
robschofield

[Answered] Strobes out of sync

Simbol

I notice that the A320 strobes are double in the preview, and generally are double on all my A320 family when the strobes come on as they line up and hold. However, the ones landing have a variety of strobe timings, and as soon as you change the simulation rate, it screws up all the double strobes. What does AIRLP use to drive the strobe timing? Can anything be done about this?

Best regards

Rob

1 hour ago, robschofield said:

Simbol

I notice that the A320 strobes are double in the preview, and generally are double on all my A320 family when the strobes come on as they line up and hold. However, the ones landing have a variety of strobe timings, and as soon as you change the simulation rate, it screws up all the double strobes. What does AIRLP use to drive the strobe timing? Can anything be done about this?

Best regards

Rob

Hi Rob,

This is a well known issue with the effects particles system under P3D. Your simulation FPS have more priority than anything else and accordingly if your simulator requires more power it will reduce the priority for effects causing them to go out of sync.

They will return to sync slowly when things calms down.

I don't drive the timing of these, I instruct P3D how they should run and how often (intervals, etc), but I leave this job for the core sim as this way I ensure my addon will not impact your performance in any way. And as you seen on many reviews, it has been confirmed AI lights reborn doesn't impact on your system performance, this is one of the many reasons.

Be aware that running the simulator at time acceleration will always make the effects emmiters timing to go out of sync, this is just the nature of the effect particle system. But they resync again later.

All you can do to try to reduce this behavior is ensure you have more system resources, I always reduce my AI traffic to ensure I have at least 30 FPS or more and I rarely experience it unless I run the simulator at x2 and x4 (Which I do normally on cruise)

All the best,

Simbol 

Thanks Simbol - thought that might be the case.

Will Dynamic FFTF by FSPS interfere with the particle "clock" as I use that to dynamically managed FFTF to improve FPS. Could switch to the FPS target mode as opposed to the AGL mode and see what happens I suppose.

Thanks for fast and knowledgeable support as usual!

Regards

Rob

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, robschofield said:

Thanks Simbol - thought that might be the case.

Will Dynamic FFTF by FSPS interfere with the particle "clock" as I use that to dynamically managed FFTF to improve FPS. Could switch to the FPS target mode as opposed to the AGL mode and see what happens I suppose.

Thanks for fast and knowledgeable support as usual!

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob,

That is an interesting question. I don't own FFTF so unfortunately I am not aware how it does his magic.

In this case you will need to experiment and see what happens. Let us know the results though, I am curious.

Regards 

Simbol