Sign in to follow this  
slimfly

P3Dv4.5 - Environment sounds almost completely gone

With change from Windows 7 to Windows 10 my Environment sounds suddenly has become barely hearable. Most irritating in that respect is the major absence of AI traffic sounds! 
Currently my sliders inside P3Dv4.5 sound section are set to 100% for Environment sliders and around 50% for anything else!  

My audio hardware setup and basic software has been the same from win7 to win10. The only primarily differences are these:

1. Change of PC's, from an old Intel based PC with Radeon graphic boards installed to the present Intel i9 version with a nVidia 2080 graphic board.
2. From P3Dv4.3 to P3Dv4.5
3. AI traffic, from My Traffic Professional to Ultimate Traffic Live

As it seems I'm rather alone with this irritating problem and unfortunately had no success whatsoever in my efforts contacting the support fora for P3D and Flight1/Ultimate Traffic Live.
Therefor I would much appreciate any help from you guys in order to solve this mysterious problem!
Until now I think I've tried everything without any success, including of course, changing from SOUND_LOD=1 to SOUND_LOD=0

Cheers           

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Just one thought, based upon my recent upgrade to P3d4.5. Try uninstalling Ultimate Traffic Live.

My rationale for the suggestion is that I couldn't get P4d4.5 to boot correctly with UTL.  UTL formerly worked with 4.3, but not with 4.5.

Just a thought, since no two installs,let alone PC's can be alike! 

Good luck.

1 hour ago, slimfly said:

My audio hardware setup and basic software has been the same from win7 to win10. The only primarily differences are these:

So what is controlling the speakers? The motherboard, graphics card or a separate sound card? Might be as simple as updating the sound driver.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Go to Control Panel -> Sound, select the "Communications" tab, and make sure "do nothing" is ticked.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thank you guys for your kind suggestions!

On 1/11/2020 at 11:25 PM, charlie130 said:

Just one thought, based upon my recent upgrade to P3d4.5. Try uninstalling Ultimate Traffic Live.

My rationale for the suggestion is that I couldn't get P4d4.5 to boot correctly with UTL.  UTL formerly worked with 4.3, but not with 4.5.

Just a thought, since no two installs,let alone PC's can be alike! 

Good luck.

An interesting suggestion, as no addon is new from the Win7 version to the Win10 version - EXCEPT for the UTL AI addon!!
I will now execute an image backup for my current setup and then uninstall UTL and see if it makes any difference to the Environment sound!

On 1/12/2020 at 12:32 AM, Twenty6 said:

So what is controlling the speakers? The motherboard, graphics card or a separate sound card? Might be as simple as updating the sound driver.

As successfully operated in previous Win7,  USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp are as well controlled by these factors in my new Win10 environment  - that is, away from Realtek onboard and nVidia sound drivers which are disabled.  Everything is updated anyway, including all sound drivers. So no mess there.

On 1/12/2020 at 1:37 AM, w6kd said:

Go to Control Panel -> Sound, select the "Communications" tab, and make sure "do nothing" is ticked.

Been through that - unfortunately no difference!

Cheers

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

BTW, any other suggestions for an alternative to UTLive...?! 
(As always with Flight 1 products, their user interface is unfortunately pretty bad in general. Had to uninstal UTLive manually, going through numbers of fora in order to manage!) 

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:

35 minutes ago, slimfly said:

BTW, any other suggestions for an alternative to UTLive...?!

See this thread.
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/569155-traffic-globa-or-utl-ease-of-instulation/

Almost uniform response to the question asked.
(Spoiler: Neither of the two suggested options were widely recommended).

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 1/13/2020 at 10:58 PM, F737NG said:

See this thread.
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/569155-traffic-globa-or-utl-ease-of-instulation/

Almost uniform response to the question asked.
(Spoiler: Neither of the two suggested options were widely recommended).

Thanks for this link, which lead me to uninstall UTL and install AIG!
I didn't get any more AI sound out from that - However, the simplicity of the AIG structure made it much easier for me to edit the cfg's and individual *.waw sounds right away! So now I'm up running again in a fantastic AI sound environment!
With a sound editor app I amplified all sounds by 400% - I know it seems crazy, but nevertheless, that's what it really took to normalize my AI sounds in my particular setup! Cool rumbling jets and thundering reverse engine sounds all over the place - as real as it gets at any airport!
Never did find out what actually suppressed all my AI sounds, going from Win7 to Win10, but never mind that...I finally found a workaround!!  

Cheers        

Edited by slimfly

Phillip Seedorff

Setup: