Sign in to follow this  
deltaalpha

New RTSS user looking for insight

Hey guys, I just stumbled upon RTSS.  I've only done a couple of flights so far but I like what I see.  I tried the FPS limiter on RTSS but wasn't to my liking so I tried the Scanline Sync x/2 option, which I do like.  My question is what are people inputting for a value for that?  I've seen things such as -30, -1, 1, 60... etc.  My monitor is 60hz, running unlimited frames, vsync off, TB, off.  Is there a best setting or is it YMMV?

Daniel

There's a huge number of posts on the use of RTSS but in answer the value relates to the positioning of the visible scanline and moving it outside of the view of the monitor.

Negative numbers are what to use and just try -1, if you have no visible scanline then nothing to worry about, otherwise trial different values till you're happy.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

A further tip inlew of not being able to enable Triple Buffering in P3D with RTSS in use.

You might find this setting in the NVidia Inspector of use to smooth out any little bumps, sudders and stutters that may occur.

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D