Sign in to follow this  
mcnobody

Wishes and improvements

Hello Bryan,

FS2Crew for the FSL A320 is my first FS2Crew product and I really do enjoy it. Though there are a few items which could be improved to make it more user-friendly in my eyes.

1. SIZE AND POSITIONING OF THE MAIN PANEL

For my taste this one is really too large. The first steps I always need to do – when in the sim – is to reposition it to the top left corner of the screen and resize it to almost half its size. I am aware this can be changed somewhere in the panel.cfg. But these values get reset whenever a new update of the FSL is released. And you have to make these changes for 6 different versions if you own the A319 to A321. Can an option for a smaller main panel size be included in the setup menu, so a user can decide which size to install?

2. DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL BRIEF PAGES

These two pages contain a lot of options which can't be set or are not required. Is it too much asking to remove these unneccassy items from the menu? There are just a few items which need to be set for the FSL A320 but you have to skip through several pages each time. If you quickly need to change things – i.e. active runway has changed – a lot of clicks/steps are involved to make these changes in a quick way. In my opinion things could be eased up a bit just showing the items in yellow. Furthermore informations and data would be more handy.

3. DEICING OPTION

Can we have an option to include DEICING in the departue briefing? Since the FSL A320 allows you to simulate deicing on deicing areas the extension of the flaps is not recommended after starting the engines. How do the SOP handle the deicing flows? Is it possible to include these in FS2Crew – i.e. the co-pilot pushes the neccessary buttons (APU BLEED OFF, DITCHING PB ON etc.) when you call for it? Or are these steps done by the captain only?

4. MORE VOICE SETS (nice to have)

Can we have a few more voices for the co-pilot – i.e. femal European pilot and so on – in the futre. I am using the European voice set which is nice but it would be nice to hear something else from time to time. And I am not a fan of the American voice set though (sorry!).

5. DIFFERENT FONT TPYE FOR THE MENU (even more nice to have 😀)

Any chance to get a different a font type for the panels which is closer to a display unit? Arial is nice but it somehow spoils the look of the panels. Shouldn't it be possible to use the MCDU fonts form FSL since these come with the FSL installation?

Thanks a lot for a great product!

Best regards,
Christian

• Like 1

If I can add another wish: It would be nice to split the approach checklist (as it's done in the after takeoff climb checklist). So all the items except the altimeter could be done earlier and just after transition level we do the "below the line" part which would be altimeter only. Especially when flying in europe the transition Levels can sometimes be very low.

3 hours ago, swissdani said:

If I can add another wish: It would be nice to split the approach checklist (as it's done in the after takeoff climb checklist). So all the items except the altimeter could be done earlier and just after transition level we do the "below the line" part which would be altimeter only. Especially when flying in europe the transition Levels can sometimes be very low.

I followed Airbus to the letter.  That's the way they want it done.

On 1/12/2020 at 8:54 PM, mcnobody said:

Hello Bryan,

FS2Crew for the FSL A320 is my first FS2Crew product and I really do enjoy it. Though there are a few items which could be improved to make it more user-friendly in my eyes.

1. SIZE AND POSITIONING OF THE MAIN PANEL

For my taste this one is really too large. The first steps I always need to do – when in the sim – is to reposition it to the top left corner of the screen and resize it to almost half its size. I am aware this can be changed somewhere in the panel.cfg. But these values get reset whenever a new update of the FSL is released. And you have to make these changes for 6 different versions if you own the A319 to A321. Can an option for a smaller main panel size be included in the setup menu, so a user can decide which size to install?

2. DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL BRIEF PAGES

These two pages contain a lot of options which can't be set or are not required. Is it too much asking to remove these unneccassy items from the menu? There are just a few items which need to be set for the FSL A320 but you have to skip through several pages each time. If you quickly need to change things – i.e. active runway has changed – a lot of clicks/steps are involved to make these changes in a quick way. In my opinion things could be eased up a bit just showing the items in yellow. Furthermore informations and data would be more handy.

3. DEICING OPTION

Can we have an option to include DEICING in the departue briefing? Since the FSL A320 allows you to simulate deicing on deicing areas the extension of the flaps is not recommended after starting the engines. How do the SOP handle the deicing flows? Is it possible to include these in FS2Crew – i.e. the co-pilot pushes the neccessary buttons (APU BLEED OFF, DITCHING PB ON etc.) when you call for it? Or are these steps done by the captain only?

4. MORE VOICE SETS (nice to have)

Can we have a few more voices for the co-pilot – i.e. femal European pilot and so on – in the futre. I am using the European voice set which is nice but it would be nice to hear something else from time to time. And I am not a fan of the American voice set though (sorry!).

5. DIFFERENT FONT TPYE FOR THE MENU (even more nice to have 😀)

Any chance to get a different a font type for the panels which is closer to a display unit? Arial is nice but it somehow spoils the look of the panels. Shouldn't it be possible to use the MCDU fonts form FSL since these come with the FSL installation?

Thanks a lot for a great product!

Best regards,
Christian

1. If I make the panel smaller, someone will complain it's too small.   There is no winning 🙂  We have 1000s of users.  It's impossible to make everyone happy 🙂

2. Those items are deliberately there so users can brief themselves... they follow the Airbus briefing stye... remember briefs are just as much about briefing yourself as they are are about briefing the other guy.

3. It's something I'm considering.

4. Recording voices is actually probably the most time consuming part of making an FS2Crew.  It's tedious work.  We'll see in the future about adding more.

5. Not sure if I could legally reference that font.

Glad you like the product 🙂

Edited by byork

Dear Bryan,

thanks a lot for your answer.

1. I wasn't asking to make the main panel smaller permanently. But rather an option for a smaller sized main panel in the setup. So the user can decide which version he wants to use (normal, small or even bigger). If I am not mistaken, this is just a process of writing certain values into the panel.cfg which already exists. I am not asking to please 1.000 users for sure. Rather I'd like a choice to setup something else. Why can't this be an application aided approach!?

2. My fault. I am not using these pages to brief myself or my virtual co-pilot (I got another document for this). I just enter the required data on these pages. If this follows a design, there's not much I can do about it.

3. Good to hear. Maybe something for the next cold season then?

4. Thanks. This is what I thought. If you ever consider it, There's atleast on person supporting this. 😉

5. Me neither. But maybe a brief message to Flight Sim Labs can solve this issue? Since you are just refering to the font and there's no distribution of it, I wonder which legal reasons could prevent you from doing so <not trying to encourage anyone to do something illegal, just asking>?

Best regards.

On 1/13/2020 at 2:17 PM, byork said:

I followed Airbus to the letter.  That's the way they want it done.

I know, I was just thinking it may be added as a user option. As the later apu start is.