Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

NGXu and GSX L2 refueling

After several flights I have noticed that every time GSX L2 fuel truck stops near the tip of a wing (not under the wing) and I see no animations at all. It's all the same for either stand-alone fuel truck or truck for underground equipment. I have the latest GSX L2 profile and so far there is no answer from FSDT.

WOuld appreciate your help 

Like you, coincidentally, as I was just loading up my NGXu, I too noticed the very same in GSX L2, the fuel truck when called for, is at the wing tip, then menu calls for the fuel quantity using blah-blah-blah, whereas in the ASA 330, the GSX fuel truck  it fuels progressively, with this aircraft, it's all over and done in a jiffy. So, so totally unrealistic.

Usual GSX unrealism.

• Like 1

With the NGu I use the PMDG option. works well.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Thanks,David.Will use that from now on as GSX even the advanced L2, is so hit-and-miss🤣

8 hours ago, vc10man said:

Like you, coincidentally, as I was just loading up my NGXu, I too noticed the very same in GSX L2, the fuel truck when called for, is at the wing tip, then menu calls for the fuel quantity using blah-blah-blah, whereas in the ASA 330, the GSX fuel truck  it fuels progressively, with this aircraft, it's all over and done in a jiffy. So, so totally unrealistic.

Usual GSX unrealism.

As clearly explained in the manual, when an airplane is flagged as having a custom fuel system (and every PMDG airplane surely is), GSX will NOT "fuel" the airplane, it will just adapt to the airplane own refueling IF the airplane is doing a progressive refueling ITSELF, so the refueling speed in GSX will be controlled by the speed of the airplane own progressive fuel simulation, GSX will only show on the fuel counter how the airplane progressive refueling is going. 

But you might not use an airplane that has a progressive refueling system. Or you might use an airplane that does, but you are loading fuel instantly, because you decided not to use the progressive refueling simulation. In THIS case, what GSX will do, depends on the "Always Refueling progressively" option.

If the "Always Refueling progressively" option is enabled in GSX, when GSX detects a immediate change in the airplane fuel quantity, which was a result of you acting on the FMC Fuel Page to set the Fuel quantity directly ( which means the airplane will refuel ITSELF instantly ), GSX will act AS IF the airplane was refueling progressively instead. Again, this is just for show, GSX is still NOT refueling anything, the airplane has already refueled itself immediately, but the GSX counter will go on, and the truck will stay, this time running at the speed of GSX the fuel truck pump AS IN default airplanes, when GSX is *really* refueling. It's not really refueling the PMDG instead, but that option would let the counter go and the fuel truck to stay as if it were.

If the "Always Refueling progressively" option is disabled in GSX, the fuel counter will go up extremely fast and the fuel truck will go away in a few seconds. Since you ordered the airplane to do an instant refueling, it's assumed you don't want the GSX fuel truck to stay there too long, that's why this is an OPTION, and it's off by default!

This doesn't have anything to do with what has been posted by the OP, which asked why he didn't had the Fuel Hydrant, adding a "no response from FSDT", to something that has been discussed and answered so many times on our forum, and of course has been replied again today.

The Fuel Hydrant not appearing on a 737 it's not a bug, it's just that we chose to place the refueling point in the NGXu configuration that comes with GSX in it's REAL life position, since we'll eventually have a new kind of animation for the Hydrant crew that won't use the raising platform, but will use the big cable rocker and likely a stairstep to attach to airplanes with lower wings.

But of course, the whole point of having an airplane configuration editor, is that you can chose to bend realism a bit to your liking so, if you move the refueling point to a place at least 3.40 meters high from ground ( which is the lowest the platform can go without having that guy's head bumping into the wing ), it will satisfy the rule for the Fuel Hydrant minimum height, under which the smaller truck will come. This way, you can get the Hydrant now, instead of waiting for the update.

But regardless of the type of fuel truck used (which depends on the refuel point height), the logic of the Progressive Refuel doesn't change.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks,

The very last paragraph was the only answer to my initial question 🙂

On this note, if I make my own modification of refueling point coordinates, should I expect that next FSDT update will wipe my mod away?

13 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

The very last paragraph was the only answer to my initial question 🙂

Of course, it was entirely clear what your initial question was, but since vc10man added his own reply, suggesting an entirely different problem of a supposedly too fast progressive refueling, I replied to BOTH issues (non issues, in fact ) in a single post.

On this note, if I make my own modification of refueling point coordinates, should I expect that next FSDT update will wipe my mod away?

As explained so many times on our forum, everything you modify personally, will end up in the %APPDATA% folder, and following Windows standards we always respect the most, that place is reserved for user settings, so we never touch, uninstall, remove or change with updates or even when uninstalling.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 6:07 PM, vc10man said:

Usual GSX unrealism.

Bad day at the office today?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

31 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Bad day at the office today?

Eh?🤒

On 1/12/2020 at 4:11 PM, Nyxx said:

Precisely, David. Just using it now. The refueller truck connecting the hose reel as per, other ground services as per too.

Well,
Increasing fuel pump point height point to 3.50m (third variable) indeed activates usual fueling activities, but the result looks unrealistic and visually disturbing 🙂

WIll be waiting for FSDT next update.  

vc10 Man      Precisely, David. Just using it now. The refueller truck connecting the hose reel as per, other ground services as per too.

What does "as per"mean?

Edited by IanHarrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

11 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Well,
Increasing fuel pump point height point to 3.50m (third variable) indeed activates usual fueling activities, but the result looks unrealistic and visually disturbing 🙂

Just increasing the pump leaving the refuel point in the same position will obviously result in a weird visual effect. Due to the wing shape, if you MOVE the refueling point towards the exterior, you'll be able to place it higher than 3.40 meters, so it will stay flush to the wing.

Edited by virtuali

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

Just increasing the pump leaving the refuel point in the same position will obviously result in a weird visual effect. Due to the wing shape, if you MOVE the refueling point towards the exterior, you'll be able to place it higher than 3.40 meters, so it will stay flush to the wing.

Thanks. Will try later today

On 1/12/2020 at 6:56 AM, G-YMML1 said:

After several flights I have noticed that every time GSX L2 fuel truck stops near the tip of a wing (not under the wing) and I see no animations at all. It's all the same for either stand-alone fuel truck or truck for underground equipment. I have the latest GSX L2 profile and so far there is no answer from FSDT.

WOuld appreciate your help 

In real life fuel trucks aren’t allowed to go under the wing of a 737. It’s slight more realistic with the truck at the wing tip, even more realistic it the truck was just in front parallel with the wing.