Sign in to follow this  
b737800

Tech Alpha 1 2nd Wave Emails

Do you guys think that they take in consideration Ram numbers or Connection Speeds?

No, they don’t. Was lucky with just 😉 32 and 10 Mbps.

Edited by georgiosgiannoukos

2 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Do you guys think that they take in consideration Ram numbers or Connection Speeds?

No, they don’t. Was lucky with just 😉 32 and 10 Mbps.

RAM matters, and 32GB is not the average computer setup in games 🙂

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

23 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Last time, lots of invites were sent in the last 24 hrs. Wait until Friday people.

Please stop filling my thread with rational thought and sensible comments!

10 hours ago, bashope said:

I'm happy to inform you of exactly what you think I want to happily inform you about.

Haven't showed up in Xbox Insider Hub yet though... hope it doesn't take too long!!!!

Still not shown why? 

45 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Last time, lots of invites were sent in the last 24 hrs. Wait until Friday people.

Yep. In fact, I believe that there were no invites sent before the final day of the invitation process. Surely there will be a lot more invites over the next few days.

It seems that having 32GB RAM is again critical to getting invited, but it is only to be expected since we are still in Tech Alpha 1. Hopefully they will have done lots of optimisation for the Tech Alpha 2, which should enable a wider range of systems.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Hopefully Tech Alpha 2 will be optimized enough to take on systems with only 16GB of RAM. 

1 hour ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Still not shown why? 

I have sent in a support request email to the Flight Sim team, and they said it is a known issue that they are working on. 

With 600km of volumetric cloud goodness, it's no surprise if this sim is a RAM eater. (remember when everything was 32bit, oh deary me)

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

12 hours ago, bashope said:

I'm happy to inform you of exactly what you think I want to happily inform you about.

Haven't showed up in Xbox Insider Hub yet though... hope it doesn't take too long!!!!

Have you been able to access the Tech Alpha forums, by the way? I got the email inviting me to sign up, and have signed up with my gamertag, but have not been able to access the forum itself. All I see is the public forum which is yet to be opened.

Still rainy and foggy here in Finland. I would love to have that kind of sign in problem 🙂

• Like 1

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

Still nothing in the insider hub. What about logging in to the insider forums?

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

4 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Still nothing in the insider hub. What about logging in to the insider forums?

They email me and say, there is an issue for new participants to access the flight simulator in Hub. Soon they will resolve it.

• Like 2