Sign in to follow this  
b737800

Tech Alpha 1 2nd Wave Emails

19 minutes ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

Received my invite...I only have 16gb. My specs are alienware, overclocked 9900k, rtx 2080.

There’s hope for us plebs yet

6 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

There’s hope for us plebs yet

From what I gathered on fs reddit, most invites were sent out to those with 32gb but lower cpu/gpu specs. I'm thinking the next wave of invites will now target those with high end specs with less ram. Pretty sure most people who signed up will get invites at some point because at the end of the day MS needs to test the new sim on as many PC configs as they can.

Edited by YVRDXBLHR

I'm thinking at this time MS is interested in the GPU also. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Hi all,

Here is my story, hopefully it might help someone down the line.

I have signed-up to FS Insider in mid-November and submitted my XML file. During Black Friday I have got a GeForce 2070 Super video card and went on to generate a new xml file in order to record the change in configuration. At the same time I also saved a text version of the DxDiag output to have it for my reference.

Given that the information in the text version of the DxDiag output was looking ok, I did not bother checking the XML (big mistake!).

Today, after reading this thread, I went on to re-check my XML and I noticed that the information that it contained was pure garbage - nothing really related to the specs of my system but to something related to the media codecs.

I did perform the test to run DxDiag on a different computer and the outputs in text and XML format were identical so now I now for sure that there is something wrong with the way DxDiag saves the information in XML on my main computer.

I have sent an email to the support team - not holding my breath here - will report back if/when they will reply.

This is a lesson learned the hard way - going forward will triple check the outputs. (normally I do it it but somehow this one sneaked past my OCD). Under normal circumstances probably I would have made it in - I have 5th gen I7, 64GB of RAM and the 2070 Super plus. I also hold a private pilot license.

Live and learn I guess...

So, the FS support team replied my email at light speed!

Bottom line, as long as my profile registration was completed (it was in mid-November) they are kind enough to attach the correct XML file to my profile.

Fingers crossed that this will put me back in the pool!

3 hours ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

From what I gathered on fs reddit, most invites were sent out to those with 32gb but lower cpu/gpu specs. I'm thinking the next wave of invites will now target those with high end specs with less ram. Pretty sure most people who signed up will get invites at some point because at the end of the day MS needs to test the new sim on as many PC configs as they can.

It would be absolutely typical if I have leapfrogged the requirements. When TA1 started I had an i7 5820K / 24GB (32GB but one stick not showing) / 2 x Titan X / lots of old tech SDD and created the DXDiag file on that.

THEN I decided (I'd been thinking about it for a while anyway) to upgrade so built myself an i9 9900K / 64GB / RTX 2080Ti / 4TB NVMe M.2 SSD and updated the DXDiag file on the first day of TA2 reg.

If my original specs were too low and my new specs are too high then I will laugh all the way to Dignitas.

• Like 3

I'm holding out for when they want to test it on a laptop - only have an i7-8750, 8gb ram, and a GTX1050. 😃🤣 Great work laptop though!

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

That's the least of my worries, plenty of time to figure out what MSFS needs, right now I have taxes to do. Lol

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 10:23 AM, Dirtysouth09 said:

But I will get in.  It's what you put out there in the world with your mind that will make it happen.  I am thinking I will get in.

Ok, I am going to be the next president!  This world would be worse if everyone got what they want by putting their mind into the world.  Sometimes, it actually takes effort and sometimes you get lucky but if you're not at least going for it, I agree you won't know you're getting ready to achieve it or receive it.

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Well this guy never heard of the book the secret.  I am very successful and have worked very hard to get what I want.  However negative thinking will only bring negative things.  I choose positivity.  Sir good luck with all that negative.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dirtysouth09 said:

Well this guy never heard of the book the secret.  I am very successful and have worked very hard to get what I want.  However negative thinking will only bring negative things.  I choose positivity.  Sir good luck with all that negative.

I agree, I’m a firm believer that the energy you put out into the world is what you will receive in return. 

• Like 2