Hello Alex, Happy New Year to you. :smile:  I run LNM via Little NavConnect and WideFS. Everything works fine except LNM seems to think I'm running XP11 rather than P3Dv4.

I've checked my settings but cannot see any way to correct this.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

a happy new year too!

Do you run SimConnect across WideFS for LNM?
If yes: This is not needed (except for other tools).

You run Navconnect on the flying and Navmap on the remote computer. Showing only X-Plane on the remote is ok in LNM. You have to use the network connect option to get to Navconnect on the flying computer.

If Navmap shows only X-Plane on the flying computer: Install the FSX SP2 SimConnect.

Alex

Hi Alex. I have SimConnect running for another application and that works fine on a remote PC.

I only have LNM running on a remote PC, not my flying one. It communicates okay with Little NavConnect but a visitor pointed out to me that in the title bar of LNM it says (XP11) and not P3D. It's not a big issue - just wanted to know if I could change it to P3D.

As an aside, there are problems getting wind data from NOAA again.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I only have LNM running on a remote PC, not my flying one. It communicates okay with Little NavConnect but a visitor pointed out to me that in the title bar of LNM it says (XP11) and not P3D. It's not a big issue - just wanted to know if I could change it to P3D.

Did you switch the scenery libary to P3D? The titlebar simply shows what is selected as a database in the scenery library menu.
Or you renamed the P3D database "little_navmap_p3dv4.sqlite" to "little_navmap_xp11.sqlite".
Or there is an error in the display logic of LNM...

I suppose you can see your P3D scenery?

Just noticed the NOAA problems. I tried it and it takes minutes until the download is finished. Quite unreliable service despite half of the world is using it.😑

Alex

Hi Alex,

Just tried selecting the Scenery Librray now but the only entry in the dropdown is X-Plane 11. Not possible to select P3D despite the FS Base Path pointing to P3Dv4 on my FS server PC.

On my remote PC I have a file named little_navmap_navigraph.sqlite but nothing for P3D or XP. In these cases where should that database be located and what name should it have for a P3Dv4 remote setup?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

In LNM "Scenery Library" -> "Show Database files" opens Windows Explorer with the database path.

Copy "little_navmap_p3dv4.sqlite" from the flying computer to the remote and LNM should show P3D in the header after a restart. Always close LNM before copying on both sides.

Alex

I don't have that file because I uninstalled LNM leaving just LN Connect. I shall install again and then copy the file. Thanks for your help Alex and hopefully that will solve it and fingers crossed we get the NOAA winds working better. 👍

LATER: database copied over and P3Dv4 now recognised. Thanks Alex!

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather