Sign in to follow this  
BMG50

TDS missing wings help needed

Hey,guys...as title states I am stumped...Installed some TDS planes and all was good..went on a binge and loaded a bunch of models and wings disappeared...discovered a title without the credit...removed it and still no wings..removed ALL TDS and installed one new TDS plane with the correct title line..still no wings....no TDS planes in P3D4.5 except just the one with good title line...any ideas?  asking here because I don't do facebook..thanks

Edited by BMG50
add line

Hello,

it really is very clear in the aircraft.cfg file:

// WARNING NEVER TAKE OFF "FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013" from under
// If you do those , wings will be gone and other unexpected things will happen.

• Like 1

Yes,it really is....as I said .."discovered a title without the credit...removed it and still no wings..removed ALL TDS and installed one new TDS plane with the correct title line..still no wings"

I am aware about the title line but I have no wings on a plane with the credit in the title line...

What exact download of the aircraft with correct title and missing wings?  Either a file name or link.  I will try it in my Sim (Not P3D).

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi,Charlie...Last one was "boeing737_klm" by Chris Evans....However I have tried many....I had wings until I installed one with the title changed...found it,deleted it and now no wings on any TDS planes...I have removed all TDS planes except for one (testing with it)...thanks for your help..

Hello,

how about completely removing them, hoping that the stop is only to the model and starting again

with a fresh installation?

1 minute ago, Reader said:

Hello,

how about completely removing them, hoping that the stop is only to the model and starting again

with a fresh installation?

I have removed/uninstalled/deleted ALL TDS airplanes except for one...not  sure I am willing to do a complete re install of P3D4.5 just for TDS aircraft...Was hoping someone had run into this before and could shed some light on this..Thanks for your response

Hello,

I meant just remove all of the TDS aircraft, nothing else and start again with just the TDS aircraft.

I have no idea how their protection system works but I doubt that it affects anything outside the aircraft. However, if you leave even one, you are more than likely keeping the model that has been damaged by not keeping to the instructions.

Edited by Reader

Well,as I,ve already said,I have deleted ALL TDS aircraft and installed just one!!...and like you,I wouldn’t think it should involve anything outside of the one affected airplane folder...i have been trying to figure this out off and on for several months...at the present time I only have one plane folder in the sim...

As expected, the Chris Evans TDS KLM 737 shows up fine in my Sim.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Possibly search the Registry for any sort of lock out key for the product. It's possible, when the title was changed that a flag was set in the registry affecting all TDS products. Use a free program like Regscanner from Nirsoft and search for TDS - see if you find anything. Also possible a key file was put in your user/appdata area.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi,Vic...Downloaded and ran Regscanner..searched for TDS and found 2...deleted those entries,looked thru my app data folders..downloaded a new TDS aircraft and put it in my P3D4.5 folder...still no wings...think we are on the right track..gonna spend more time in the registry tomorrow...Thank you for your suggestions!!

Make sure you check the planes inside the sim.

I run P3D 4.5 and my TDS 800 MAX aircraft repaints frequently appear without wings in the aircraft selection screen but are fine in the sim.

Just my 2 penneth.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Enko said:

Make sure you check the planes inside the sim.

I run P3D 4.5 and my TDS 800 MAX aircraft repaints frequently appear without wings in the aircraft selection screen but are fine in the sim.

Just my 2 penneth.

Well,I didn,t expect that!!….But after removing two entries from the registry from Vic,s suggestion and actually going past the aircraft selection screen from your suggestion,Enko I have wings again...I have checked in sim before and had no wings but apparently editing the registry may have done something...Thanks to all for the help..Lou