Sign in to follow this  
ted757

d3d9.dll error loading GTN 750 during XP11 start (resolved)

Hello,

I have purchased the Carenado Turbo Commander and the Reality XP GTN 750 add on.  I am running the latest version of XPlane 11 and my windows 10 Defender is set to allow all XPlane access.

The trouble begins when I start XPlane and on the splash scree I get an error that says: Cannot Find d3d9.dll  Please Re-install this application. (referring to Reality XP GTN Simulator)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both two times with no joy.

I checked the Windows folders and the d3d9.dll existst and is not missing.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ted

Hi,

are you sure you are not using a 'post processing' plugin of some sort replacing the d3d9.dll file?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I do have reshade installed.  I will get rid of it right now and see if that helps... will advise.

Great!

These post-processing apps are really hacking/interposing between the application and the plugins and cause all sort of troubles because they make-pretend they are the real deal to the host application while in fact they are not.

However, because X-Plane is using OpenGL just removing (or renaming to keep it someplace handy) the d3d9.dll found in your X-Plane folder would have been sufficient (I guess).

Nevertheless, with Vulkan around the corner these 'post-processing' tools won't work anymore so better getting rid of then now!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)