Sign in to follow this  
Casualcas

Is this footage new? Or did I just find this?

Nope, this was released as part of their XO19 media and press update.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Always good to see it back in a thread even if we’ve seen it  before after the London event.

Amazed to see how landmarks as castles, cathedrals blend into the landscape and don’t look as just slapped down on it. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, domkle said:

Always good to see it back in a thread even if we’ve seen it  before after the London event.

Amazed to see how landmarks as castles, cathedrals blend into the landscape and don’t look as just slapped down on it. 

I really hope that cities like Vienna, that don't have 3D coverage, will not look completely trashy.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

I really hope that cities like Vienna, that don't have 3D coverage, will not look completely trashy.

If you look carefully in the screenshots and videos at how the Procedural scenery is done,  in remote areas (farmlands etc), you notice precision, details and a life like feeling because the infrastructure + vegetation cover the exact same footprints shape on the aerial imagery and has a plausible architecture + tree types.

Thus I think major procedural cities (with no Photogrammetry) will look really good. Much better than anything we have now.

Well, perhaps it will be similar to OrbX regional material but OrbX might not cover every spot in the aerial imagery (infrastructure+vegetation) because in the case of MSFS, the data is based on the AI scanning of the aerial imagery...

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998