Sign in to follow this  
Captain Tom

FS9 AI to FSX AI - no textutres

Recently took the plunge and fired up FSX on my new screaming system.  In moving my AI aircraft files from FS9 to FSX I noticed a number of the AI aircraft have no textures (white skins).  I"m sure this issue was solved years ago by when FSX first came out but please help this Johnny Come Lately to the party.  What's the solution please?   

27 minutes ago, Captain Tom said:

Recently took the plunge and fired up FSX on my new screaming system.  In moving my AI aircraft files from FS9 to FSX I noticed a number of the AI aircraft have no textures (white skins).  I"m sure this issue was solved years ago by when FSX first came out but please help this Johnny Come Lately to the party.  What's the solution please?   

Sounds like you may have the DX10 Preview box checked. Otherwise FS9 AI aircraft should have no display issues like that.

BTW, you might want to convert your FS9 AI traffic files to FSX format to avoid other issues.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the quick reply!!!  

I have converted the traffic files to FSX but hadn't thought of DX10 being the culprit.  Where do I find the DX10 box?  I know it's not in the FSX.CFG file or in the FSX Settings.

Many thanks!!

7 minutes ago, Captain Tom said:

Where do I find the DX10 box?

It's in the FSX settings options within the sim.. Maybe not if using FSX SE which is good to distinguish as there is quite a difference.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

6 minutes ago, Captain Tom said:

I know it's not in the FSX.CFG file or in the FSX Settings.

Many thanks!!

It’s actually in both, otherwise you wouldn’t be able to turn it on or off. See screen shot below for the location of settings inside FSX.

625ED921-483D-4A77-985F-A7FFBBCAAAD7.jpeg

Thank you both for your quick replies!!  Must have somehow missed that setting in the Display Settings.  Will uncheck it and hope that solves the problem.  FSX has some interesting nuances.

Cheers!

11 hours ago, Captain Tom said:

Many, many thanks!!!  That solved the problem, all skins are showing in FSX like they did in FS9.  One more hurdle overcome 🙂

Glad that fixed it. Someone else posted an issue with black textures the other day and it was the DX10 Preview box being ticked as well.