Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Crossing the Red - #3

Crossing the Red - #3

The route resumes at Marree (YMRE) and has been modified to include a side trip to view the Marree Man before heading north to find the hard to see airstrip at Cowarie. I have also added another airstrip and point of interest after Finke Apatula.  We will land at Henbury then head northwest and overfly Pine Gap before landing at Alice Springs. 

Documentation

The modified flightplan found here.

Part 1 of the Pilots' Guide can be found here

Aircraft:  More long legs and several dirt strips would make this a good week for warbirds.  I will be flying the A2A North American P51-D Mustang in the “Providence Permittin” livery by Jan Kees. 

JVDc60T.jpg

Scenery NOTAM: 

There is a elevation conflict between Ozx bushstrips and Orbx version 2. The fix will remove the paved runway and leave a dirt strip without the elevation problem.   It can be corrected by renaming the following file found in: 

P3Dv4\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY\scenery

Rename "ADE_FTX_AUS_YFNE.bgl"  to " ADE_FTX_AUS_YFNE.bgl.OFF"

Particulars

• Date and time: January 18, 2020  1900 UTC
  • Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
  • Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
  • Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. Latest version is here. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Like 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

If you have not done so yet, you want to look at Jeff's Pilots Guide description of Maree Man...and the lovely linked video. To solve this, we'll need the brilliance of Agatha Christie's Belgian detective Hercule Poirot - as seen in Murder on the Orient Express.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

2 hours ago, MM said:

If you have not done so yet, you want to look at Jeff's Pilots Guide description of Maree Man...and the lovely linked video. To solve this, we'll need the brilliance of Agatha Christie's Belgian detective Hercule Poirot - as seen in Murder on the Orient Express.

The video is a must-watch! If you like humor, this video is right up your alley.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

There is about eight or so real nice youtube video links in Jeff Pilot's (study) guide on the central and southern part of the AU continent covering Melbourne/Williamstown, the Outback, Northern Territory,  Alice Springs, Broken Hill and of course Marree (and it's 2.2 mile Marree man!).  (Have watched every one in last week or so as I went through the guilde!.

The Marrie man..  reminds me of that lyric- "Oh, do you know the Marree man", the Marree man...  Hmmm, thought he lived on Drury Lane but I guess he moved to Marree!)..  (The big question is" Where is Sherlock when you need him to figure this all out?)

Nice work Jeff.

Norm

Sitting out here at the windy and cold Baltic Sea Shore, watching these videos made a much welcome contrast!

I'm missing theses flights, have fun!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Got a few inartistic snaps of our Crossing the Red, Number 3. At my DropBox here.
CS_Crossing%20the%20Red_Ron%20in%20ChariGosh, we need to get Roman's talent back on the job! I say that we double triple his salary!

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Gunter,

We miss you too, hope you're having a great vacation!

Mike,

Great pics - thanks for taking the time to snap them.

Jeff,

Thanks for building a really great bunch of routes for us in Australia. It gives me the opportunity to fly in an area I wouldn't often get to, and I'm able to learn some interesting stuff along the way.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Ditto on all of the above!. Sure saw a lot of :"RED" yesterday and the even saw the man!! Now just one thing: that triple pay thingy! Did someone here win a lottery or something? lol. You guys are the best and wonderful job. I sure have learned a thing or two (or a thousand things+) flying with you all!

Norm

Hey guys..
Looks like I am missing out. 😡
Had both Saturday's flight ( a <50% chance) & Sunday's flight, "The Coromandel", (~75% chance) all setup, ready to go.
As you know, neither came to fruition. Both flights looked like they would have been quite enjoyable..   

On 1/18/2020 at 9:53 PM, MM said:

Gosh, we need to get Roman's talent back on the job! I say that we double triple his salary!

Mike,
Thanks for the screenshots of the past flights, standing in for Gunter, and of course, the updated Tiger Moth proxies - much appreciated!
Don't fool yourself.. I may have a $33K Hasselblad A6D-100c onboard, you a "Dollar Store" disposable but... 😂 You have the scenery- the shots are amazing! 👍

Jeff,
And thanks to you for setting up the AU flights. Things are settling down.. Will make an upcoming flight or 3. 👌

I have been starting FS nearly daily. The downside? Haven't gone anywhere! LOL
Most of the time I am sitting on the apron in the Maddog, apu running, flipping switches & pushing buttons.
As some of you may remember I have been collaborating with a gentleman in Italy helping him interface a full size MD80 cockpit to P3D. 
All the indicators are done ( the flashy light thingys). Mainly working on the FGCP (autopilot panel). As some of you know the MaddogX is a well done aircraft. Some of the logic behind the FGCP is mind blowing. The vertical mode window was especially difficult but think I have it nailed.. A lot more active flying tests are needed - YAY! 
Our language differences can be, at times, a little tough. Getting by though, after all, we are all speaking the same core language - aircraft & flying!
Been using interface programs like FSUIPC, MobiFlight, SIOC & Airmanager. Learning the new programs is enjoyable, specially when it works as intended.
Writing lua scripts, sioc scripts (proprietary language) for real instruments interfacing, building prototype circuits, setting it up with the interfaces & a lot of testing.. It has got me hooked!
Even if I do not get to enjoy the final results by sitting in the "Dog" cockpit it is well worth the knowledge gained. Perhaps to build a home cockpit setup for myself in the future.
If at all interested to see what the deal is, I have uploaded some of the docs created for the project and a testing vid.. You are welcome to see here.     

The Packers sucked... 👎 😭  
Cya'll soon.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap