Sign in to follow this  
SledDriver

Best Mesh for Europe photoreal scenery

Looking at their site's list of what it contains I would say no, it does not come with mesh. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

My personal preference with photoreal has always been the FranceVFR 4.75m NEXTMesh. You can still get it on SimMarket. I can't vouch for compatibility though, it is officially only compatible up to P3D V2. I don't see any ill effects in P3D V4.5, but that doesn't mean anything. And of course it is not free, but for me it was worth it. 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Here I have pr scenery + custom AG only for Europe and zo use Fs Global Ultimate NG 

The free EU pr scenery is a masterpiece, no doubt about it. However because of color differences I use payware and other free pr scenery ..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

You are the one who started a thread about photoreal scenery. What do you think pr could be the short for...? 🙄

PR scenery + AG is the future. I am saying this for over 10 years now..

Nothing beats a scenery that looks like in real life..

Edited by GSalden
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Here is what good PR scenery looks like with the high resolution mesh mentioned above

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/569403-photoreal-scenery-with-high-resolution-mesh/

Personally, I am not totally fond of photoreal all the time. "Nothing beats a scenery that looks like in real life" - unless it doesn't. We have four distinctly different seasons in my country, and PR scenery covers only one of them. That is not enough for me.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

Looks good.

Any idea if there is a 4.5m or other Hi-rez mesh for other parts of Europe?

Regards,

12 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Looks good.

Any idea if there is a 4.5m or other Hi-rez mesh for other parts of Europe?

Regards,

FranceVFR covers pretty much all of western Europe with their products. Go to SimMarket and search for "next mesh"

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks. Their name - FranceVFR - didn't help in understanding that they do other countries than France...

Edited by SledDriver

8 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

FranceVFR covers pretty much all of western Europe with their products. Go to SimMarket and search for "next mesh"

Best regards

Oliver,

How do you fix the effects on most airports where the elevation is slightly affected by the better mesh?

I know that ADE can change the elevation and even flatten the area around the airport, but without a tutorial I've decided for now to disable any mesh in the freeware photo packages.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

Oliver,

How do you fix the effects on most airports where the elevation is slightly affected by the better mesh?

I know that ADE can change the elevation and even flatten the area around the airport, but without a tutorial I've decided for now to disable any mesh in the freeware photo packages.

Jose

There are several products for this purpose. I usually stick to the one that came with the Pilot's mesh products (AFM) or ORBX Vector AEC. Most of the time one of the two does the job. In some cases a correction isn't possible, especially when the developers use tricks to create tunnels etc. Some airport products I find notoriously difficult to even set up correctly under normal conditions..

To be honest, I am not a perfectionist when it comes to airport elevation. I am probably just missing many of those "plateaus", because I can't see them from above and I never fly there. And when I do, I don't mind very much when they are not too high or obvious.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI