Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Carenado XL560 is RELEASED

You can say about Carenado what you want, but they usually release their first patch in short order after release.

Unlike other developers,who charge an arm and a leg, and then come up with all sorts of excuses as to why it takes them weeks, even months to release a patch.

But some things they never solve... 

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD for P3D v4.5

For the nth time, Carenado have a business model for their P3D releases, which goes something like this:

1. They produce excellent visual models, inside and out. 
2. These models are combined with default/stock P3D gauges and instruments, with a few tweaks here and there.
3. Because mostly stock systems are used, there is no need for extensive documentation, which would take time.
4. They usually release shortly after making an announcement. 
5. The community reports bugs.
6. Carenado fixes the most obvious ones, then release a patch. I suspect that they concentrate on fixing the ones that are a) easy to reproduce and b) easy to fix.
7. Occasionally a second patch is released. 
8. Carenado moves on to the next release

Lather, rinse, repeat. 

Carenado knows that by providing RXP and Flight1 integration they add a lot of value to their releases, without it costing them much by  way of money or effort. Smart business decision, if you ask me. Plus, they count on the community further modding the plane. 

After patches, Carenado planes are perfectly flyable. 

Are Carenado planes "system-level" and "study sims"? No they are not. 

But, please, point me to an alternative addon that provides a modern biz jet with modern glass avionics that was released for the 64bitP3D-platform. I'd say, you're pretty much sh*t out of luck. 

Edited by Ricardo41

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

But, please, point me to an alternative addon that provides a modern biz jet with modern glass avionics that was released for the 64bitP3D-platform. I'd say, you're pretty much sh*t out of luck. 

Flight1 Mustang is available for p3d4 isn't it?...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

37 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Flight1 Mustang is available for p3d4 isn't it?...

G

True, but a) nowhere near in terms of visuals and b) extremely resource hungry. (I have the Flight1 Mustang in my hangar, but never fly it).

31 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

True, but a) nowhere near in terms of visuals and b) extremely resource hungry. (I have the Flight1 Mustang in my hangar, but never fly it).

I've always preferred decent systems over looks anyway. Have to be in the right mood for the Mustang though because it is so slow. 

Fortunately for now the GTN levels the playing field a bit so enjoying the XP Lear, FSW Lear & Falcon. Might reinstall the 550, although still on the slow side for me. Wouldn't waste my cash on anything else by Carenado though..

G

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

For the nth time, Carenado have a business model for their P3D releases, which goes something like this:

And that is the issue...(in fact, it was the same for FSX).

Quality developers (FSW, XP, A2A, etc) will continue to develop their products as the technology of the Flight Sim platform improves. For myself, after 3 decades of simming, my tastes/expectations have also evolved...customers are expecting more!

If you've ever looked at the XML code of Carenado, you'll see how much they recycle their code.

Carenado make very visually appealing aircraft that are definitely suitable for entry level simmers (the folks who don't need/want documentation) and those who like to make short/quick hops. However, their "puppy mill approach" to aircraft development doesn't necessarily appeal to those of us who have developed (been conditioned to) a taste for higher systems depth/flight dynamics.

My $0.02

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rmeier said:

Carenado make very visually appealing aircraft that are definitely suitable for entry level simmers (the folks who don't need/want documentation) and those who like to make short/quick hops.

Some of their best products are just that. But for some reason none of their regional aircraft (F50, S340, ATR) are not even that. There might be market for a regional jet or turboprop with basic functionality and beautiful looks.  They should also be able to give good Performance (fps) even on bigger airports. Carenado Fokker, Saab & ATR are not like that.

Edited by kiki

1 hour ago, rmeier said:

Carenado make very visually appealing aircraft that are definitely suitable for entry level simmers (the folks who don't need/want documentation) and those who like to make short/quick hops. However, their "puppy mill approach" to aircraft development doesn't necessarily appeal to those of us who have developed (been conditioned to) a taste for higher systems depth/flight dynamics.

My $0.02

I guess you haven't been visiting the Carenado support forums lately. Plenty of "hardcore simmers", even addon developers,  are buying and flying Carenado.😉 

Or are they all masochists?

9 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I guess you haven't been visiting the Carenado support forums lately. Plenty of "hardcore simmers", even addon developers,  are buying and flying Carenado.😉 

Yes, there are many very talented members of this community that purchase/fly the Carenados...and I have a deep respect for the work that they do to improve these visually appealing (but seriously lacking) aircraft.

Out of the box, Carenado does not meet my expectations.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Yeah, and they are loving it...

Well, the masochists are at least. Don't buy seems to be the word from them, at least until the "community" mod it to be worth having....

G

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Well, I don't consider it masochistic, but if no other developer has released (OR ABOUT TO RELEASE) a business jet in the family of "Citation" or modern Lear (like the LJ 60XR) for P3D  64 bit, then what is our choice ?  I'm well aware of Carenado quality, but after several mods have been created by our wonderful community for us bizjet flyers, these aircraft are very fun to fly. 

Lots of talk about how long the Milviz King Air 350 was in development, but I have patiently waited for a Citation XLS from Eaglesoft for more than 5 years.  Yes they have released a high price version for 32 bit sims, yet Milviz took 5 years and still released a 64 bit KA350i for $70.  I have high respect for Eaglesoft, but I have to wonder why they are SO SO late to the party ! 😥

WAT1460.png