Sign in to follow this  
HarryS

iFly 748 P3DV4 Flows

Hi Fellas,

Thought I'd setup flows for this plane seeing that I have it. Unless I've missed it somewhere, there is no configuration for the iFly 748 in MCE.

Not sure how many others have it so it's you're call if you want to go to the trouble of configuring it.

Harry

Harry S. | System Builder

I7-9700K @ 5Ghz, AORUS Z390 Master Motherboard, Corsair 240mm H100i Platinum AIO CPU Cooler, AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme Graphics, HyperX Predator 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x Samsung 1TB SSD, 27" LG UltraGear 27GL850-B QHD Monitor, Cooler Master MasterCase H500 Case, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, MSFS, Saitek/Logitech X52 Pro

15 hours ago, HarryS said:

Hi Fellas,

Thought I'd setup flows for this plane seeing that I have it. Unless I've missed it somewhere, there is no configuration for the iFly 748 in MCE.

Not sure how many others have it so it's you're call if you want to go to the trouble of configuring it.

Harry

You could "import" flows from PMDG 747 via the Voxscript interface and customize them. No need to start from scratch

A quicker way to import all of them....

Go to \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripst\Copilot\Aircraft\PMDG747-400\ folder and copy all flows.

Then go to \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripst\Copilot\Aircraft\iFly 744\ folder and paste them there

6 hours ago, FS++ said:

You could "import" flows from PMDG 747 via the Voxscript interface and customize them. No need to start from scratch

A quicker way to import all of them....

Go to \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripst\Copilot\Aircraft\PMDG747-400\ folder and copy all flows.

Then go to \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripst\Copilot\Aircraft\iFly 744\ folder and paste them there

I understand. What I should have said in my message was that MCE automatically created a separate and empty iFly 748 folder when I started MCE for the first time after loading the plane. I copied the flows that I previously setup from the iFly 744 folder and restarted P3D/MCE. The FO went through any flow I called for but no actions occurred, ie. switches, buttons, etc.

I7-9700K @ 5Ghz, AORUS Z390 Master Motherboard, Corsair 240mm H100i Platinum AIO CPU Cooler, AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme Graphics, HyperX Predator 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x Samsung 1TB SSD, 27" LG UltraGear 27GL850-B QHD Monitor, Cooler Master MasterCase H500 Case, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, MSFS, Saitek/Logitech X52 Pro

1 hour ago, HarryS said:

I understand. What I should have said in my message was that MCE automatically created a separate and empty iFly 748 folder when I started MCE for the first time after loading the plane. I copied the flows that I previously setup from the iFly 744 folder and restarted P3D/MCE. The FO went through any flow I called for but no actions occurred, ie. switches, buttons, etc.

The actions within the plane happen via the ad-hoc dlls.

In iFly 747 case, make sure you have "mciFly744.dll" in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder.

Latest file is V1.0.0.7 revised January 2, 2020 and the 64 bit version (in case you dropped the 32 bit manually by accident) is reporting 118,440 bytes

17 minutes ago, FS++ said:

The actions within the plane happen via the ad-hoc dlls.

In iFly 747 case, make sure you have "mciFly744.dll" in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder.

Latest file is V1.0.0.7 revised January 2, 2020 and the 64 bit version (in case you dropped the 32 bit manually by accident) is reporting 118,440 bytes

Gerald,

Confirmed mciFly744.dll @ 118,440 bytes, 01/02/2020, 17:08 is installed. Flows from iFly 744 folder (that work with the 744) copied to iFly 748 folder. Still no joy. Almost all commands come up as not recognized and those that are actioned are not correct, ie. "landing lights on" turns them on but "landing lights off" the FO says they're already off and so on.

I did a manual startup from cold & dark with no problems. Everything worked as intended.

3 minutes ago, HarryS said:

Gerald,

Confirmed mciFly744.dll @ 118,440 bytes, 01/02/2020, 17:08 is installed. Flows from iFly 744 folder (that work with the 744) copied to iFly 748 folder. Still no joy. Almost all commands come up as not recognized and those that are actioned are not correct, ie. "landing lights on" turns them on but "landing lights off" the FO says they're already off and so on.

I did a manual startup from cold & dark with no problems. Everything worked as intended.

Maybe latest iFly update which I don't have where they may have changed the name of "Sim=whatever_name" in "aircraft.cfg" file, causing MCE not to recognize it as THE supported 744 from IFly.

Some speech commands are only enabled when they apply to specific aircraft.

For instance "hydraulic demand pumps" sort of commands won't be available for default aircraft or even Airbus types, which is what might be happening. I mean MCE seeing aircraft as default plane and all 747 specific commands disabled.

check "aircraft.cfg" for all [fltsim.X] sections

As things stand right now, it will be seen as the supported 744 from iFly when

sim=whatever_name  (whatever_name should have "744" in the string)

ui_createdby=whatever_text  (Whatever_Text should have "iFly" in it)

42 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Maybe latest iFly update which I don't have where they may have changed the name of "Sim=whatever_name" in "aircraft.cfg" file, causing MCE not to recognize it as THE supported 744 from IFly.

Renamed everything in aircraft.cfg from 748 to 744. Flows working. A number of tweaks required though to switches, buttons, etc. No time now for any further testing. Will get to it again some other time.

Thanks again for the help.

Harry

10 hours ago, HarryS said:

Renamed everything in aircraft.cfg from 748 to 744. Flows working. A number of tweaks required though to switches, buttons, etc. No time now for any further testing. Will get to it again some other time.

Thanks again for the help.

Harry

Aha, I see.

I suggest you restore back to 748.

"mce.exe" will be updated to take the other variant into account.

Should be done by tomorrow.

8 hours ago, FS++ said:

Aha, I see.

I suggest you restore back to 748.

"mce.exe" will be updated to take the other variant into account.

Should be done by tomorrow.

Will do. Let me know when it's ready and I'll have a crack at it.

1 hour ago, HarryS said:

Will do. Let me know when it's ready and I'll have a crack at it.

Patch is ready

Should work fine with iFly 744

FO isn't yet aware of iFly 748, therefore the few different items like packs and anti-ice are expected to malfunction.

Interfacing was done from the days of FSX and I didn't even know they had the -8 in P3D V4

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Patch is ready

Should work fine with iFly 744

FO isn't yet aware of iFly 748, therefore the few different items like packs and anti-ice are expected to malfunction.

Interfacing was done from the days of FSX and I didn't even know they had the -8 in P3D V4

Yea, they slipped the 748 in a while back. I just retested the 744 without this patch and all seems to be pretty much in order.

There are changes to the 748 that you may need to look at compared to the 744. What I've noted so far are:

Additions
1. "Emergency Locator Transmitter" 3 position toggle. Positions are ON-ARMED-RESET. Has switch cover.
2. "Fuel Transfer Reserve 1 And 4" 2 position toggle. Positions are AUTO-ON. Has switch cover.
3. "Center Air Data" rotary switch. Positions are ON LEFT-NORMAL-ON RIGHT.

Changes
1. "Trim Air" has both left and right pushbutton switches. Positions are ON-OFF
2. "4 x Engine Anti-Ice" are all toggles with 3 switch positions OFF-AUTO-ON
3. "Wing Anti-Ice" is a toggle with 3 switch positions OFF-AUTO-ON
4. "3 x Air Conditioning Packs" are now pushbuttons with positions ON-OFF

No doubt there are others I haven't come across yet.

When you say "FO isn't yet aware of iFly 748" I'm not sure what that means exactly. Will the FO be looking at the iFly 744 folder or the iFly 748 folder for scripts?

The actual flows will be different for the 748, ie. no Gasper, no Aft Cargo Heat button, no Continuous Ignition switch, no Standby Ignition selector, no Auto Ignition switch, etc. So there is a need for separate script folders.

If you're reading this and thinking "Bloody Hell" I understand. Me too......

11 hours ago, HarryS said:

Yea, they slipped the 748 in a while back. I just retested the 744 without this patch and all seems to be pretty much in order.

There are changes to the 748 that you may need to look at compared to the 744. What I've noted so far are:

Additions
1. "Emergency Locator Transmitter" 3 position toggle. Positions are ON-ARMED-RESET. Has switch cover.
2. "Fuel Transfer Reserve 1 And 4" 2 position toggle. Positions are AUTO-ON. Has switch cover.
3. "Center Air Data" rotary switch. Positions are ON LEFT-NORMAL-ON RIGHT.

Changes
1. "Trim Air" has both left and right pushbutton switches. Positions are ON-OFF
2. "4 x Engine Anti-Ice" are all toggles with 3 switch positions OFF-AUTO-ON
3. "Wing Anti-Ice" is a toggle with 3 switch positions OFF-AUTO-ON
4. "3 x Air Conditioning Packs" are now pushbuttons with positions ON-OFF

No doubt there are others I haven't come across yet.

When you say "FO isn't yet aware of iFly 748" I'm not sure what that means exactly. Will the FO be looking at the iFly 744 folder or the iFly 748 folder for scripts?

The actual flows will be different for the 748, ie. no Gasper, no Aft Cargo Heat button, no Continuous Ignition switch, no Standby Ignition selector, no Auto Ignition switch, etc. So there is a need for separate script folders.

If you're reading this and thinking "Bloody Hell" I understand. Me too......

Thanks for feedback.

You can copy flows and customize them for the -8.

When I say he isn't aware of the -8, I meant when commanding pack one on/off, he'll handle the switch as if he was on the 744. Same with anti-ice switches right now.

Everything is expected to work except those few switches that are slightly different, as we have yet to teach him how to handle them depending on variant.

Bit no worries, it will be sorted and there is an SDK.

Will post new dll asap.

You're welcome.

The FO does access the iFly 748 script folder. Needs to stay like that.

The On Demand Hydraulics switch #1 has 4 positions AUX-OFF-AUTO-ON (AUX is the default position) while the other three just have OFF-AUTO-ON same as all those switches on the 744.

The two Trim Air switches are non-functional on command
Transponder "TARA" goes to "ALT RPTG OFF" position
Dome Light is non-functional on command.

And you all ready know about the Pack & Anti-Ice switches.

That's it for now but probably more to come.

On 1/17/2020 at 7:23 PM, HarryS said:

You're welcome.

The FO does access the iFly 748 script folder. Needs to stay like that.

The On Demand Hydraulics switch #1 has 4 positions AUX-OFF-AUTO-ON (AUX is the default position) while the other three just have OFF-AUTO-ON same as all those switches on the 744.

The two Trim Air switches are non-functional on command
Transponder "TARA" goes to "ALT RPTG OFF" position
Dome Light is non-functional on command.

And you all ready know about the Pack & Anti-Ice switches.

That's it for now but probably more to come.

Please use latest patch and confirm anti-ice and packs are switching as expected. Thks

13 hours ago, FS++ said:

Please use latest patch and confirm anti-ice and packs are switching as expected. Thks

Engine And Wing Ice = Ok All Positions
All Packs =  No Action
Trim Air = No Action

Starting With:
hydraulic demand one off
hydraulic demand two off
hydraulic demand three off
hydraulic demand four off

Then:
hydraulic demand one auto = Ok
hydraulic demand two auto = Ok
hydraulic demand three auto = Ok
hydraulic demand four auto = Ok

Then:
hydraulic demand one on = Ok
hydraulic demand two on = Ok
hydraulic demand three on = Ok
hydraulic demand four on = Ok

Then:
hydraulic demand one auto = No Action
hydraulic demand two auto = No Action
hydraulic demand three auto = No Action
hydraulic demand four auto = Ok

Then:
hydraulic demand one off = No Action
hydraulic demand two off = No Action
hydraulic demand three off = No Action
hydraulic demand four off = Ok

Then:
hydraulic demand one aux = No Action
hydraulic demand four aux = Ok

NOTE: Both switches one and four have aux position not just switch one.