Sign in to follow this  
Preskitjim

GPS is not controlling the HSI

Ben,

I purchased Realityxp GNS530 and have installed it on several aircraft.  Recently, I installed a Albea Piper Saratoga with the GNS530.  When I try to install the Realityxp GNS530 addon, I get a folder that stated file is open in another program  go back and close folder or the file and try again.  The date on the message is the same date I installed the GNS addon.  I contacted Albea and they replied that they have never encountered this annomoly to contact Realityxp.  Can you help.

Jim H

First of all.. Who is Ben?  :huh:

If you can provide some more information,  maybe one of us can figure out what is going on..

Do you have the RXP GNS530 working OK in other aircraft?

And now you are adding a new airplane, the Alabeo Saratoga, correct?

It states that it supports the RXP GNS530.. so far, so good.

What are you doing to install the GNS530 into this airplane?

Typically, Alabeo would provide an exe file in the Saratoga folder, something like

RXP530.....exe.  Is that what you are trying to run?

• Like 1

Bert

Sorry, used name on another post.   Haven't used this forum previously and new.  Anyway, didn't give you enough info.  Using FSX SE.  I installed the RealityXP GNS530 addon on other aircraft and it works.  The Alebea GNS530 that came with the Saratoga works as installed but, when I attempt the RealityXP addon, I get this message in the middle of the screen with a folder box that states "Action can't be completed because folder/file is in use in another program. Close folder/file and try again"  As far as I know, I have no other folder open that would conflict.  I shut down the virus pgm also.  The procedure I use the to execute the addon as with the other aircraft.  I click the addon button on the FSX menu bar and then the Reality530 button to get the drop down menu.  I select "Auto detect" and then 530 on #1 and accept.  Then I get the error message. 

Any help appreciated. 

P.S. I sent another msg on a different forum.  Didn't realize how to get your response.

Jim H.

Have a look at the Saratoga airplane folder.

Is there a file called RXP... GNS.. exe or similar?

If yes, that should install the RXP GNS530 in the panel..

• Like 1

Bert

Found it.  Installed it and now get a message when I select the aircraft, "Visual model could not be displayed. Alabeo PA32 Saratoga II TC  2"

Jim H.

If I had the Saratoga installed, I could be more specific..

What are the names of the exe files in the Saratoga folder?

You should be able to run the RXP one to get the RXP GNS and run the ALA one to get the the default GNS.

Try that and report back!

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

ALA530PA32IITC.exe

F1GTN750PA#@IITC.exe

RXP530PA32IITX.exe

I tried both exe programs for 530 and got the same message as before.  The screen that shows the aircraft selected is also blank. 

On 1/14/2020 at 3:48 PM, Preskitjim said:

"Action can't be completed because folder/file is in use in another program. Close folder/file and try again"

Hi,

can you confirm you're doing all this when the simulator is shut down? Otherwise and obviously, it is using/locking the folder/file...

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)