Sign in to follow this  
Sabretooth78

Flaps 3

I've noticed a possible bug with the flap selection on the A320 after my last couple of flights - most recently with version 3.6.

The FO will set flaps 1 and 2 when requested, but will not set flaps 3 or full when either:

• loading mid-flight from a save file (and then cycling forward to the appropriate flow)
  • attempting a 2nd approach after a go-around (and cycling forward to the "landing" flow)

Everything has always worked perfectly for the initial landing attempt.  Also, the green bar shows that the system is "hearing" the commands.  This only seems to happen on subsequent landing attempts.  It's as if the FS2Crew system gets reset and recognition of those commands is dependent on some action that's not being performed because its flow is being skipped.

Edited by Sabretooth78

Christopher Sargeant | Worldwide Virtual WW2464

Spoiler

Sim PC Specs: i7-11700F @ 2.5 Ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB | 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM | Windows 11 Pro | P3D v5.3 hf2 | MSFS | TrackIR 5

Hi Christopher,

We generally don't recommend using saved flight files as they can introduce odd behavior into the sim.

For the 2nd approach after a go around with Flaps 3, did you follow the FS2Crew go around procedure to the letter?

You need to be in Descent Mode; that is a necessary condition.

EDIT:  Not being in descent mode was why Flaps 3 didn't work for your saved flight.  So it wasn't the saved flight file itself that was the issue.

You can put FS2Crew into descent mode by running the approach brief or approach checklist.

Edited by byork

OK, so it sounds like my issue in both cases is because I didn't re-run the approach brief or checklist.  Good to know - I'd rather it be because I'm doing something wrong than a bug!

I made a summary "handbook" of sorts of the calls and flows and for some reason I put "cycle to <landing>" after running the After Takeoff Checklist, even though now I look and I don't even see that in the manual, so I don't know where I got that from.

Yeah, I realize save files can be goofy, but sometimes it's necessary either to recover from a CTD, or in this particular case, practice a tricky approach without having to go through the whole process of getting the aircraft into the air.  For the record, FS2Crew seems to perform pretty well off a save file; at least in the instances I've done so I haven't noticed any ill effect.  The only issues I've had with such were I think with the NGX where the FO wouldn't respond audibly but would still seem to perform all the actions, so as long as you're familiar with the flows and timing you'll be OK.

Edited by Sabretooth78

Christopher Sargeant | Worldwide Virtual WW2464

Spoiler

Sim PC Specs: i7-11700F @ 2.5 Ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB | 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM | Windows 11 Pro | P3D v5.3 hf2 | MSFS | TrackIR 5

11 hours ago, Sabretooth78 said:

t.  The only issues I've had with such were I think with the NGX where the FO wouldn't respond audibly but would still seem to perform all the actions, so as long as you're familiar with the flows and timing you'll be OK.

If you're using the new NGX-U, click "Reset Audio" on the Audio page to restore the audio.