Sign in to follow this  
fms737

MCP-II/Boeing Type v1.100 und Linda

Hello,
i want to use the MCP-II/Boeing Type v1.100 from VRinsight in conjunction with Linda. Unfortunately I can't establish a connection with the flight simulator (currently started the PMDG 777-300) and Linda. My system: Win 10 und P3Dv4.5. Who can help me please ? Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Claus

Hi Claus

Follow this procedure to connect your MCP Combo panel:

1. Close Flt Sim.
  2. Connect and switch on your MCP panel. You should hear a bong sound as it powers up.\
  3. Use Windows Device Manager to find the Com Port (normally COM3) that the panel in connected as.
  4. Open LINDA GUI and go to Setup MCP Combo page.
  5. Set the following in top left box: Enabled, MCP2 (Boeing), COM Port (as per step 3), Delay 20sec.
  6. Click on Make changes for you? button (if not disabled). Check that [VRInsight] = found, ok and x=COMx = found, ok.
  7. Close LINDA.
  8. Open LINDA
  9. Open Flt Sim with default aircraft to ensure the problem is with the connection and not your setup.
  10. Panel display should flash, show LINDA version and then display SPD, HDG, ALT information.
  11. Test knobs and buttons.
  12. Change aircraft and test knobs and buttons.
  13. If nothing happens, check that the MCP Combo shows PMDG function assigned. If not you will need to assign these yourself.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello, Andrew,
Thank you for your mail. I followed your instructions exactly. Setup MCP Combo opened. Enabled check mark set, Type MCP (Boeing) selected, Comport 4 and 20 seconds set; then Save. The button Make changes for you is disabled. SimVers. P3D-64 is green, FSUIPC Ver. 5.153 is green, fsuipc4.ini: Locking good, VRinsight, found, ok in green, x=COM4: found, ok. in green. Then close Linda and start simulator with standard aircraft. Panel Display does not blink. What can I do ?
Best regards
Claus

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Do you have the VRiSim.exe running? Only LINDA and FSUIPC4 are required. Is you FSUIPC4 registered?

Have you installed the FDTP Serial Drivers for the MCP panel installed? In Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT) it should read "Prolific USB-toSerial Comm Port (COM4)". Right click on this line and select Properties and tab Driver. It should read Driver provider = Prolific. What Driver Date and Version do you have?

Email your fsuipc4.log file to Linda @ awginfwsys.net.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello, Andrew,
I have executed the VRiSim exe. The following message appears: Device(s) NOT found. Check your VRi unit connection. My FSUIPC 5 is registered. FDTP is installed. Under Properties of USB Serial Port (COM3) you will find the following: Driver supplier: FDTI, driver date: 2017-08-16, driver version: 2.12.28.0. I have sent the FSUIPC5 log. by mail to you. Thanks for your help.
Kind regards
Claus

Hi Claus

Thank you for doing the checks and sending the log file. The log tells me that your MCP panel is attached to COM3 (the normal default). This is why LINDA is not communicating with the panel.

In LINDA Setup MCP Combo change the Com Port to COM3 and click save. Then close and restart LINDA and your Flt Sim.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew, changed the Com Port to Com 3; the panel is still not working.
Claus

Please follow the Fault Diagnosis procedure thread (under LINDA Support) to turn off VERBOSE logging. This will allow you to send me a more detailed fsuipc4.log file. Please read the procedure carefully.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

I have send you a fsuipc5 log file per Mail.

Claus

Edited by ScotFlieger
email deleted

What Flt Sim are you using? FSUIPC4 relates to FSX and FSUIPC5 to P3D. It is the FSUIPC5.log you sent previously I need to see.

You still need to activate the full LINDA VERBOSE logging as per the procedure. The log is still incomplete but shows me that FSUIPC4 has detected your MCP panel on COM3.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello, Andrew,
i use the flight simulator P3Dv4.5 under Win 10. in the meantime i have come closer to the solution of the problem. When I start the Flusi the following note appears on the panel display: Select your Aircraft and Fly now. But I cannot move any buttons and levers after the start.
2. when I start the VRiSim Device it tells me: Rund Flight Simulator, Fly now. Then I start the simulator and press the button "Fly Now" of the VRiSim Device. Then everything works, i.e. I can control and move all buttons and levers via the panel. Does this help you to solve the problem ?
Best regards
Claus

Thank you for the extra info. This indicates that you are using 2 sets of software. DO NOT RUN the Flusi or VRiSim software - they are not required and will stop LINDA connecting to the MCP Panel. Ensure that these application are stopped in Activity Monitor before starting P3Dv4.5 and LINDA. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Sorry, Andrew,
but I don't understand how to activate the Linda Verbose Loggin What exactly do I have to click under "Setup LINDA" ?
Does the activation refer to the Linda Acvanced settings ?

Please read this thread. It has all the information you need to do what I have asked you repeatedly to do. I am sorry but I can't see you system to provide you with an instant answer.

Edited by ScotFlieger
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

everything works now. Thank you so much for your help.
Best regards
Claus