Sign in to follow this  
carm

Black squares

I have got black squares on my scenery, all pretty well the same size, this is a new prob for me anyone with any idea of a cure.  Thanks.

Was was the last thing you downloaded and installed?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, carm said:

I have got black squares on my scenery, all pretty well the same size, this is a new prob for me anyone with any idea of a cure.  Thanks.

Aside from what Charlie said it sounds like you may have the DX10 Preview box checked in FSX settings. Uncheck it and see if the black boxes go away.

If that doesn’t work then it could be missing textures which can be diagnosed separately along the lines of why Charlie asked what you last installed it did prior to the problem starting.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Problem solved; it was the DX10 box thing.   Unchecked it and the black boxes were gone.  

Thanks for the help,              CeeJay.

3 hours ago, carm said:

Problem solved; it was the DX10 box thing.   Unchecked it and the black boxes were gone.  

Thanks for the help,              CeeJay.

Glad that was it, an easy fix.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator