Sign in to follow this  
aspeedbirdpilot

P3D crashing after loading scenario

Are you using that new Image Sharpening tool in the Nvidia Control Panel?

I was getting those KERNELBASE.dll crashes a couple of months back, but only in southern ORBX England, and only when using that new Image Sharpening tool. If I turned the tool off, the crashes stopped. If I turned the tool back on, they started up again. But only in southern ORBX England. Elsewhere, like ORBX PNW or SoCal, or even northern ORBX England, I could use the tool without problem.

If you are using that Image Sharpening tool, try turning it off and see if that makes a difference.

I eventually stopped using the tool anyway because, while it made the vc's look crisper, it also made the ASCA clouds look a bit too sharp edged for my tastes.

-Bob

Hey guys i have found a new discovery. I have successfully completed a flight using the FSLABS A321 and the PMDG 747-400 loaded just fine and worked perfectly normal. However, after installing the 777 with the immersion pack it started crashing after 12 seconds of loading the 777. Furthermore, when i added the INIbuilds effect files in order to get dynamic lighting in certain airports, it started causing CTDs again. As a result i deleted the effects and it seemed to have stopped crashing my sim. However the issue still occurs with the 777 for the moment. 

Thanks and i will try deleting the shaders folder.

Prepar3D.exe
      5d8abf93
      KERNELBASE.dll
      50cc8d5a
      c06d007e
      000000000003a839
      25e8
      01d5d08d4156fb5a
      D:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
      C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
      0fd2b5d6-cf2d-46d3-98d9-876adbc6cd7c

Edited by aspeedbirdpilot

On 1/20/2020 at 7:51 PM, BBCM said:

Are you using that new Image Sharpening tool in the Nvidia Control Panel?

I was getting those KERNELBASE.dll crashes a couple of months back, but only in southern ORBX England, and only when using that new Image Sharpening tool. If I turned the tool off, the crashes stopped. If I turned the tool back on, they started up again. But only in southern ORBX England. Elsewhere, like ORBX PNW or SoCal, or even northern ORBX England, I could use the tool without problem.

If you are using that Image Sharpening tool, try turning it off and see if that makes a difference.

I eventually stopped using the tool anyway because, while it made the vc's look crisper, it also made the ASCA clouds look a bit too sharp edged for my tastes.

-Bob

i am not using the Image Shaperning tool

On 1/20/2020 at 7:23 PM, Rogen said:

My first port of call for such crashes are the deletion of shaders and then scenery indexes.

• C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SceneryIndexes_x64
  • C:\Users\account.name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

P3D then rebuilds both and all going well no more crashes.

Although I have come across a few scenery locations that always cause a crash.

I typically don't delete the Prepar3D.cfg because it holds a lot of specific configurations I've put in place.

That said I do rename it on occasion so that a new fresh one is recreated when there is a need to test via a process of elimination.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers

thanks i will try it out

I have found the kernelbase error is usually caused by an incompatible or improperly installed add-on.  Most issues are caused by a bad module in the dll.xml as explained above by others.  See the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 10 on how to fix all crashes and freezes in P3D.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10