Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 16th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

4 hours ago, Noooch said:

I guess 3rd parties will make "other" planes, but less authentic than those made by Asobo, so the interest in buying those addons will be greatly reduced, at least for me.

Why? The potential number of modern and classic aircraft which could be modelled in the new sim is enormous and the small number that Asobo provide by default may not appeal to everyone. Also, there’s no reason to think that 3rd party aircraft will be any less authentic/impressive. Many developers have a good track record for producing really excellent products that stretch the boundaries of what was thought possible and I can’t think that this would suddenly stop.

Edited by vortex681
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

A lot of people are setting themselves up for a big disappointment on release day. I hope that Microsoft/Asobo do not let them down....

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

A lot of people are setting themselves up for a big disappointment on release day. I hope that Microsoft/Asobo do not let them down....

how do you want to know that now? If the disappointment was big, Alpha Tester would have said it. 

• Upvote 1

Alpha testers are under NDA.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Anything we can do to cheer you up, Christopher 😁 ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

You could identify the exact source of the problem with my new PC, Dominique. Then you could correct it free of charge, and send me a thank you note for the privilege :laugh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I know, but you don't think if msfs was disappointing that it was already leaked?

I would be very sure

Edited by Deleted

27 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

So are when they confirm that they have received the email. 

38 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

You could identify the exact source of the problem with my new PC, Dominique. Then you could correct it free of charge, and send me a thank you note for the privilege :laugh:

you've plenty of time to find the snag  before the release 😉. I wish I could help but I am no IT guru. What are the symptoms ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 hours ago, domkle said:

I feel that we are going to see a change of paradigm. The default aircraft will set the standard of excellence that few 3PD will be able to follow. 

My hunch is Asobo will continue to create very high level of detail addon aircraft after release and then sell them as DLC in the storefront.  It's likely one way which Microsoft will monetize MFS for the years to come.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Deleted said:

If the disappointment was big, Alpha Tester would have said it. 

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

If it was really bad, they probably wouldnt care about breaking the NDA.

• Like 5

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

9 minutes ago, Mengy said:

My hunch is Asobo will continue to create very high level of detail addon aircraft after release and then sell them as DLC in the storefront.  It's likely one way which Microsoft will monetize MFS for the years to come.

That would make a lot of sense to capitalize on the know-how they have acquired.

• Like 1

Dominique

1 hour ago, domkle said:

That would make a lot of sense to capitalize on the know-how they have acquired.

Indeed. Asobo has invested much in personel and will probably want to keep them after the sim is released. While some of them will be busy solving bugs or working on updates, DLC's are probably a great way to provide work for many others.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I'm actually all-in for first-party high quality DLCs...

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, DylanM said:

I'm actually all-in for first-party high quality DLCs...

Me too! If they can offer numerous simple, but detailed, addon aircraft (such as a Stearman) for a low cost, I would probably buy them all!  Sky is really the limit for them in what they want to offer as DLC.

• Upvote 2