Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 16th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Alpha testers are under NDA.

They are under NDA, but all we need to do is look at what we have seen so far, and the detail regarding the new sim that has been released. Pretty easy to see that this will be a very significant upgrade from anything we have had before. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Why? The potential number of modern and classic aircraft which could be modelled in the new sim is enormous and the small number that Asobo provide by default may not appeal to everyone. Also, there’s no reason to think that 3rd party aircraft will be any less authentic/impressive. Many developers have a good track record for producing really excellent products that stretch the boundaries of what was thought possible and I can’t think that this would suddenly stop.

Very true. And not forgetting that many third party developers have done in the past, exactly what Asobo and MS have done. Namely developed a relationship with aircraft manufactures and had access to the aircraft, and the technical data and test flights. Flight One for example with the ATR and PMDG with Boeing. 

• Upvote 1

I think it's quite possible that third-party developers could collaborate with Asobo to create a wide range of high-quality aircraft with access to 3D models and scans through Microsoft's partnerships, that then would be sold via the official Microsoft marketplace for the simulator.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Well, thank goodness they can't simulate cockpit smells yet.

Ha ha. I remember the beat up C172 in Florida that I had my first flights in... Let's just say Florida is hot, and there was no A/C in that aircraft. I probably lost two kilos each flight because of being nervous and the heat. It certain smelled like I wasn't the only one 😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

My goodness, the way this is looking people are going to file a missing person report when this thing breaks....

Edited by Coneman
  • Like 4

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

8 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

A lot of people are setting themselves up for a big disappointment on release day. I hope that Microsoft/Asobo do not let them down....

Lol. 

If 2020 has already made p3d and x-plane obsolete without even being released, I’d hate to think of what will happens in 6 months time. 

I’m selling shovels if any p3d/x-plane users want to dig a hole to bury their sims in. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

still on schedule for arrival.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I read these posts and laugh. Sorry fellas but some of you are really over the top drama queens.  Guys here who are also alpha sim testers might understand my sarcasm. Happy flying! 

• Upvote 2

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

11 hours ago, azulkb said:

In any case, if you take another game, elite dangerous has managed to do 3 modes. Open where everyone can meet everyone, solo, and private group. A private group has no size limits.

I don't know if they will be inspired by it, but if the network techniques will be peer to peer, it will be easy to implement. If it's more advanced server technology, then I don't know.

I would think, or hope that it is a simple multiplayer setup similar to FSW. It was very easy to get a multiplayer going for users, We just won't know until it is released. Also just because the option is there does not mean you have to use it to have fun 🙂 I just want it to be simple and easy to use, cause using programs like FSCloud, JoinFS, can be a pain at times, and I want to be able to see the other players aircraft correctly. Sounds like we are going to have a wide range of options though, from changing Winds, Weather, Time of Day, and who knows what else!

Should be exciting and fun for all!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

On 1/17/2020 at 6:40 PM, Brandon0110 said:

That episode was so good that even my wife was impressed.  That's saying something because she doesn't care about flight sims at all.

Exactly the same reaction at mi casa.

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

4 hours ago, simmerhead said:

Ha ha. I remember the beat up C172 in Florida that I had my first flights in... Let's just say Florida is hot, and there was no A/C in that aircraft. I probably lost two kilos each flight because of being nervous and the heat. It certain smelled like I wasn't the only one 😀

I'm sorry but we don't have "Kilos" in Florida. That is with the exception of the ones our Coast Guard captures from time to time.😂

(Said in jest). 😅

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

2 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

I read these posts and laugh. Sorry fellas but some of you are really over the top drama queens.  Guys here who are also alpha sim testers might understand my sarcasm. Happy flying! 

Humm, with you calling them queens, I don't think they'll be having any happy flying. How about "kings" ? 😜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doug47 said:

I’m selling shovels if any p3d/x-plane users want to dig a hole to bury their sims in. 

Since you always write the same kind of thing in every post, I think the following could be of help to you. Maybe even push you to consider some kind of help on how to improve your psychological and mental well-being:

"Several studies have produced evidence that self-esteem has a negative relationship with the frequency and intensity of schadenfreude experienced by an individual.[5] This means that the less self-esteem an individual has, the more frequently or more intensely they will experience schadenfreude. [...] Conversely, for someone with low self-esteem, someone who is more successful poses a threat to their sense of self, and seeing this 'mighty' person fall can be a source of comfort because they perceive a relative improvement in their internal or in-group standing."

Good luck!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Alright play nice. No more personal attacks however slight. You all know what comes next. 

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals