Sign in to follow this  
KFXE

The time in FSX does not match the scenery? Dark too early

Hi,

I have two different computers on which I run FSX.  Mainly to try out new settings and add-ons before I port them over to the other.

Let's call them Machine 1 and Machine 2

Machine 1 has been updated with SP1 and SP2.

Anyway, on Machine 1, it gets dark too early.   For example, over LasVegas, at 7:30 it's already close to fully dark....but on Machine 2, the Sun is still setting right on the horizon ?

Both are set to the exact same Time and Season etc.

Machine 1 is at fault because on August 5 at 17:30 it should still be mostly light out. 

What could be causing this?   I have all the same scenery files installed in both Machines.

Thanks

Edited by KFXE

Never mind.

Got sick of all the problems.   Uninstalled FSX.

I was going to ask if both machines were set to the same time and season in their own windows clock, not the sim. May be a dumb question, but for example in the UK we have this thing called Daylight Saving Time which might cause one machine to be 1 hour out from another if they are not both set.

Anyhow, sorry to hear about your sim problems, but on the bright side, you can fly real aeroplanes. (OK probably not as many type-ratings and qualifications in the real world as anyone can have in the sim, but real flying is the ultimate IMHO)

Clear Skies! :cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

14 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

I was going to ask if both machines were set to the same time and season in their own windows clock, not the sim. May be a dumb question, but for example in the UK we have this thing called Daylight Saving Time which might cause one machine to be 1 hour out from another if they are not both set.

Anyhow, sorry to hear about your sim problems, but on the bright side, you can fly real aeroplanes. (OK probably not as many type-ratings and qualifications in the real world as anyone can have in the sim, but real flying is the ultimate IMHO)

Clear Skies! :cool:

A day late and a dollar short, Mark!  With FSX deleted, wonder what his next Sim will be??  P3D??  I'll be keeping an eye out on the P3D forum for all of his questions there! :biggrin:

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

A day late and a dollar short, Mark!..

I know, I know, Charlie. I perhaps should have emphasised the word "WAS" in my opening sentence.. or perhaps note typed anything at all  :biggrin:

(should not write stuff on AVSIM after a beer or two!) :happy:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Deleted THAT entire install.......it got buggered.

REINSTALLED FRESH......all previous problems gone.  

48 minutes ago, charliearon said:

A day late and a dollar short, Mark!  With FSX deleted, wonder what his next Sim will be??  P3D??  I'll be keeping an eye out on the P3D forum for all of his questions there! :biggrin:

Haven't purchased P3D yet.   Waiting to see what MS has to offer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1