Sign in to follow this  
F1Fan

Runway Waypoint "SID" On Start of Flightplan.

Love this neat utility/planner.  I've been using it a lot lately since I just found out about it.  I have a question.  Is there a way to remove the first waypoint when I add the SiD to my flight plan without removing the whole SID procedure?  I use the On-Course ATC addon PF3 and this runway waypoint that Little Map generates conflicts with it and causes problems and the way point is too close to the next waypoint. In working with LN to figure things out I did kind of circumvented my problem by creating the flight plan and saving it and then loading it again and doing an Map Edit function.  But that process is time consuming and tedious.  I might be doing something wrong.

Is there an easier way of getting rid of that "Runway" Waypoint? I must be missing a step or feature of LN.

Thanks in advance! 

7 hours ago, albar965 said:

Do you use Save Waypoints for Approaches or Save Waypoints for SID and STAR?

That is the only way how a waypoint can sneak into a plan before a SID and is not recommended anyway.
All other file saving options only save the SID information but not its waypoints.

Alex

Hi Alex, thanks for the reply..much appreciated.   

Yes,maybe I did use the save Approaches or Save Waypoints for SID and STAR? option.  I'll check again.  I didn't think of that before. The only reason I believe I used that option was because I still wanted to have the Sid waypoints on my flight plan. But that first waypoint the departure "RWY07 for example I don't need/want.  That is the only issue I have but I can live with it.  Your program is so good.  I just wanted to see if there was an option I was missing.  If this is the way it is that's fine.  Other than that what a excellent program you've created!. and Thank you for making it.   

Thanks again!!

Depends on the aircraft it this save option is useful. I'd avoid it since it can result in strange flight plans.

Disable this option if you use aircraft which can load procedures from a saved plan (like X-Plane FMS format). Or rather load the plan and add the procedures manually in the GPS/FMS/MCDU.

Alex

• Like 1

Thanks again Alex...I will follow your recommendations.  Love using your addon!

Regards