Sign in to follow this  
Mark Niebauer

Carenado refused to fix my SVS problem and just wanted to. .

Since I installed the P3D V4.5  SDK  all my Carenado g1000's now have the Ter Err in the PFD and SVS stopped working. Some how the gauge is now broken. I submitted a ticket to them after trying everything I could find in forums. All they wanted to do at Carenado is offer me a refund???  lol How in the world does this company make money with that attitude??

Edited by Mark Niebauer
typo

Unfortunately it's common practice from Carenado's products to not be of best quality. I keep getting TER ERR on the SVS system even though it was working when i first got it.... Carenado makes tons of aircraft which is a good/bad thing as they can make tons of content, but the content itself is not of high quality. Even in X-Plane their framerates from their G1000 has terrible optimization. I would suggest you stay from Carenado until they really can prove that they can fix bugs for their previous products, and also release good quality products. I dont really care if the products take way longer to develop, but I would rather Carenado made more quality than quantity.

Edited by arwasairl

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!! 

Carenado/Alabeo make fantastic looking models and textures, just absolutely stunning.  Unfortunately, they do not use custom coding for systems, they rely upon whatever is a part of FSX or X-Plane.  Most, if not all, of their aircraft have some issues and once they issue one, perhaps two, patches, that is the end of their support for their products.  It's a shame, they have released tons of popular general and commercial aviation aircraft, but they all have issues.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Regarding the TER ERR - same for me.  I tried the fixes on their website, etc.  Seems to be a fair amount of users experiencing, but, little concern on their part.

Joe Lorenc

Some things to try to remove the TER ERR on the PFD.  The Carenado CT206H G1000 expansion pack is used as an example here. Yours should be similar.

1.  The simplest (and therefore not likely to be the answer!) is to go to the 'panel'cfg' in the panel folder of your Carenado aircraft, scroll down to the [Vcockpit01] section and delete or comment out with // this line referring to WebSimSVS: 

//gauge04=Carenado_G1000_SVS\WebSimSVS!WebSimSVS,1,1,1,1,C_G1000.ini

2.  A delicate 'precision guided missile' method is to unpack the CAB file in your flight simulator 'Gauges' folder, convert the '.spb' file to '.xml' and delete the section on SVS Alerts as follows:

Make a backup copy of 'CT206H_G1000.cab'

Double click on 'CT206H_G1000.cab' then 'Extract' to a folder with the exact same name as the cab file - 'CT206H_G1000'. 

Convert 'G1000_PFDT206VC.spb' to 'G1000_PFDT206VC.xml'.

Open 'G1000_PFDT206VC.xml', 'Edit', 'Find' <Element id="SVS Alert"> 

Delete all of that section down to but not including <Element id="Not SVS Alert">

Save.

Convert back to '.spb' if desired, but that is not necessary. Delete the unused '.spb' or '.xml' file.

Delete CT206H_G1000.cab.

3. The 'Grand Slam Bomb' method works too and no unintended consequences have been noted so far. This totally obliterates all reference to SVS.

Make a backup copy of 'CT206H_G1000.cab'

Double click on 'CT206H_G1000.cab' then 'Extract' to a folder with the exact same name as the cab file - 'CT206H_G1000'. 

Convert 'G1000_PFDT206VC.spb' to 'G1000_PFDT206VC.xml'.

Open 'G1000_PFDT206VC.xml', 'Edit', 'Replace', Find what: SVS, Replace with: SSS, 'Replace All'

Save. 

Convert back to '.spb' if desired, but that is not necessary. Delete the unused '.spb' or '.xml' file.

Delete CT206H_G1000.cab.

Fly!

• Like 1