Sign in to follow this  
Ariel

New 1.9 Update problems in P3D 4.5

4 minutes ago, somiller said:

Wow, what's up with DL's on the FSW website...I'm trying to DL 1.9B and getting 225 KB (kilobytes)\sec DL speed on my 100 Mb connection?

Just logged in and getting 1MB sec.

15 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Just tested with your GPS installed, although set to NAV mode and it actually just flew straight through the Localiser, switched to it, but ignored it just like it was doing with the glideslope..... that's a first! Oh and this is on p3d3, so I don't believe dynamic lighting is a thing ?? (I know the OP was for p3d4.5 - but since I found the error on both I've reinstalled 1.8c on P3D4.5 so I can use it)...

So whatever you changed, do the opposite !

G

There is no before 2NM i read later in the thread. In GPS mode you must be within 2NM of the track to capture it.

Edited by Flysimware

50 minutes ago, somiller said:

I didn't bother mentioning in my posts, but even though the 1.9A Falcon tracked the LOC, it rarely did it accurately, and it was not uncommon to be either side of the LOC track by 1/4 dot or so. It just seems as though the AP is VERY "lazy" in it's effort to track anything. I get weird tracks to GPS course, where during a turn the AP will fly right through the course and then have to make a large correction to turn back on course. I don't know what's up, but I believe this is all AP function related, and that there is some bug in the AP logic that only affects some of us.

Somewhere further up-thread the question was asked whether we have addons other than aircraft or scenery installed. Answer: Of course...who doesn't, and none of them cause any other aircraft I own to not fly an ILS approach - A2A, Carenado (I know, who cares about Carenado aircraft), Alabeo, Milviz, etc. etc., they all have the GTN installed, and all fly an ILS just fine.

At this point I think it's back to v1.8 for me until this is sorted out.

Kind Regards,

When intercepting a localizer make sure your max angle is 45 degrees and 180 knots.

If we increase the rate it will constantly turn so fast it will try to level wings too many times during the turn. So there is a fine line. You can check this by trying default birds like the B737. It also has limits on speed and angle you intercept.

Plenty of simmers do not have addon programs like tomato shade and others that are not scenery or aircraft. So we have found issues with some odd programs running on the side so that i why i ask. So far only 3 customers can't capture the glideslope. So we are looking at all avenues.

Edited by Flysimware

17 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

I'm not even changing the GPS units at the moment, because this issue is happening with your GNS530 as well.

Will test shortly.

G

I just installed 1.9B and with the default GPS unit and a 30 degree offset heading the Falcon flew right through the LOC course even though it showed as captured.

Going back to 1.8

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Not sure if its been brought up but at night in clean config just before dropping the gear i flipped on the taxi light and landing lights and the overhead panel flashes for a sec..turns out its the taxi light..didnt notice if it did it when the gear was extended. Just maybe something to look into.

1 hour ago, chevelle505 said:

Not sure if its been brought up but at night in clean config just before dropping the gear i flipped on the taxi light and landing lights and the overhead panel flashes for a sec..turns out its the taxi light..didnt notice if it did it when the gear was extended. Just maybe something to look into.

Good point you brought up. What your seeing is the taxi light bleeding into the VC because the gear is facing up. I will see if i can make the light only turn on after the gear is more than half way down. Thanks for reporting.

Good news everyone. Al and i went over the autopilot code that got updated last month because Flight 1 and the RXP had used different values for 2 variables during a recent update they did. And so when we added this new autopilot code to version V1.9 it had a small typo by mistake.

We have fixed the issue by finding the typo!!!

Some users were clicking NAV first then APP and this would cause the glideslope to be off from that typo. If you just click APP first then it works. This was why all the confusion. We will have a new CAB file updated soon to test. Thanks for your persistent help.😁

Edited by Flysimware
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flysimware said:

Good news everyone. Al and i went over the autopilot code that got updated last month because Flight 1 and the RXP had used different values for 2 variables during a recent update they did. And so when we added this new autopilot code to version V1.9 it had a small typo by mistake.

We have fixed the issue by finding the typo!!!

Some users were clicking NAV first then APP and this would cause the glideslope to be off from that typo. If you just click APP first then it works. This was why all the confusion. We will have a new CAB file updated soon to test. Thanks for your persistent help.😁

Selecting NAV first to arm the LOC so the autopilot can capture it from an intersecting heading hold, and then selecting APPR only when the GS signal has been received, indicated by the GS flag disappearing, up to and including until the needle becomes active is the normal procedure for executing an ILS approach. ILS's are most frequently executed following a intercept heading command from ATC (at least in controlled airspace). As far as I can recall, IRL I've never seen APPR activated until the aircraft is flying the LOC course and the GS signal has been received. In some cases one could fly a LOC course for miles before the GS flag disappears. I don't always fly by-the-book, but when doing something as mundane as flying an ILS approach, I try to do it way it's supposed to be done.

Short version...I was selecting NAV first, then APPR and consequently triggered the failure...lol.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Here is the fixed cab file for the Falcon 50.

1. Now you can click NAV followed by APP to capture glideslope.

2. Fixes the nose up when capturing a glideslope in GPS mode.

Place this file here and overwrite.

SimObjects/Airplanes/FLYSIM Falcon 50 / panel

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7prfhx47pwfj9ap/Falcon_50.zip/file

Edited by Flysimware

4 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Here is the fixed cab file for the Falcon 50.

1. Now you can click NAV followed by APP to capture glideslope.

2. Fixes the nose up when capturing a glideslope in GPS mode.

Place this file here and overwrite.

SimObjects/Airplanes/FLYSIM Falcon 50 / panel

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7prfhx47pwfj9ap/Falcon_50.zip/file

So first flight in P3D4 (full flight rather than a test) with flightplan loaded in RXP and this was my comment:::::

Installed it, but to all purposes it is exactly the same. In NAV mode the autopilot engages the localiser, then it ignores it - put it in APP mode and it will then follow the localiser (at least that puts thoughts of it being a performance issue to bed), engages Glideslope then ignores it completely.

(Will test further later on)

Swapped to P3D3 since that is what every other test flight was done on and it worked absolutely fine (3 test flights into EGPH) !!!....

Will have a play and see if I did something stupid the first time!

G

Edited by Gazzareth
More info added

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

16 hours ago, ark said:

Roberto,

That will be true if you are in GPS mode because in GPS mode P3D and FSX substitutes the GPS signal for the tuned NAV1 signal (that is, the NAV1 signal is replaced with the GPS signal). However, when in GPS mode you still can tune the DME gauge to NAV2 to pick up the signal NAV2 is tuned to.

I suppose an alternative would be to have the DME gauge show nothing for NAV1 when in GPS mode.

Al

Thanks Al. You are right, that's in GPS mode. But before the recent updates I had the NAV1 information although been in GPS mode. Probably it has to do with the RXP GTN configuration. I will check.

Cheers,

Roberto

Two valid ways to intercept an ILS with an AP:

1. Fly a heading in HDG mode to intersect the LOC with NAV armed, once NAV captures the LOC and the CDI is moving towards the center, you can switch to APPR mode to also capture the GS.

2. Fly a heading in HDG mode to intersect the LOC with APPR armed, capture the LOC and THEN the GS. The potential danger with this method is with some APs you can capture the GS before the LOC which can ruin (end) your day if you let that happen. You never want to leave a safe altitude, like the last altitude assigned by ATC, or the MSA, until you have captured the LOC. You will often get a clearance from ATC along the lines of .... "cleared for the approach, maintain (specific altitude given here) until established (meaning established on the localizer). Some APs are designed to not capture the GS until the LOC is captured.

The confusion for me over the past few days arose because I was testing using the second technique above and failed to also try the 'NAV first' technique. This is the first time I've run into the situation where one method worked and one didn't, so a good beta testing lesson learned for me.

I will test whatever is the latest AP code from Mark later today and we will go from there to get the AP finally fixed.

Al

Edited by ark

Rather bizarre, in p3d3 it now seems to be working fine as per my last test. In p3d4 it just flies on straight through the localiser !?!?

G

5 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Rather bizarre, in p3d3 it now seems to be working fine as per my last test. In p3d4 it just flies on straight through the localiser !?!?

G

I have now done a bunch of ILS and LPV approaches with the latest AP code using both the RXP and Flight1 GTN750s and using both methods as I described above, and all seems to be working.

Looking to hear from others wrt this new code.

Al

Edited by ark

12 minutes ago, ark said:

I have now done a bunch of ILS and LPV approaches with the latest AP code using both the RXP and Flight1 GTN750s and using both methods as I described above, and all seems to be working.

Looking to hear from others.

Al

I've been doing some further testing as it didn't seem right it was working in v3 and not v4. Every time I started in v4 I was copying the new gauge over, last time I copied it and I thought I would compare the files - they were slightly different sizes, said to replace and to all extents it looked like it did, just to check copied it again - checked slightly different sizes. Deleted the original and copied it again and it is now working, although I have no idea whatsoever as to why it wouldn't overwrite the original file (especially as I could delete it) - but that seems to have done the trick - intercepted in NAV mode and then switched to APPR and followed GS down to minimums.

Edited by Gazzareth