Sign in to follow this  
Ariel

New 1.9 Update problems in P3D 4.5

Being very keen to get the new dynamic exterior lights in P3D4 I grabbed the update immediately and installed it.  The good news is that the taxi and landing lights are a huge improvement and transform night flying. The bad news is that I hit a couple of snags:-

1.  My F1 GTN 750 wouldn't install - only the stock GNS 530 showing in the cockpit.  I think the panel.cfg shipped in the update might be wrong - with the GNS only.  Not sure about this but I patched it up temporarily by replacing it with the old panel.cfg file saved from my previous v1.8c installation.  This has worked ok for the time being.

2.  The light from the dynamic landing lights (which are mounted in the fuselage beneath the cockpit) blasts straight through the fuselage and lights up the footwell and rudder pedals in my cockpit!   This might be some snag with P3D4's dynamic lighting, which is still new for developers, I wouldn't know.  Maybe the light cone will need to be much narrower when mounted here.

Anyone else with P3D4 getting these problems?  Even with all this the new dynamic lighting has me smiling flying on a dark night...

Ariel

6 hours ago, Ariel said:

1.  My F1 GTN 750 wouldn't install - only the stock GNS 530 showing in the cockpit

Ariel,

Two questions :

1. Did you use the GPS Management tool that comes with the Falcon50 to switch from the default GPS to the F1 GTN750?

2. Do you have the latest Flight1 Complete version of the GTN750?

I do see the same problem with the landing lights that you do. ( EDIT: see update below which solves this problem.)

Al

Edited by ark

Whoops!  No, I'd forgotten the tool as it has all changed  since earlier versions and was in the Winows apps list which I didn't look at.  I'll withdraw my first (GTN )problem until I've set it up again properly - sorry about that - getting very old now.  The lights are still the same 'though.

Ariel

4 hours ago, Ariel said:

The lights are still the same 'though.

Ariel,

The landing light problem you and I had was because we were using an old panel.cfg file. If you use the panel.cfg file(s) that come with the new Falcon50 version your landing light problem will go away.

Al

The Payload and Fuel manager is still not working. 

same as previous version, installed on P3D 4.5

1 hour ago, LBC said:

The Payload and Fuel manager is still not working. 

same as previous version, installed on P3D 4.5

Did you uninstall the previous version before installing ver 1.9A?

Please describe in what way the Payload Manager is not working -- what do you see? Does anything change when you click on it, or is everything frozen?

If you had the same problem with the previous version, there is something wrong with your install since the Payload Manager works for others. So we need to try and figure why that is. The Payload Manager depends on the XMLtools64.dll file, so:

1. Please post your DLL.XML file here. It is usually located at C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.   Or, just check that your DLL.XML file contains an entry like this:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

2. Finally, please check that you have the file XMLtools64.dll in your main P3D folder.

Al

Edited by ark

Just a clue

6 hours ago, ark said:

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

I found that the installer creates an entry in the Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 : so, as I had already an entry in Roaming, I got duplicate entries for XmlTools and Prepar3D was not happy...

Gérard

Edited by gaab

I retract both my "problems" now.  Having found the management tool and used it properly both the lights and the GTN750 are working fine.  There's no fool like an old fool!  Thanks ark.

Ariel

Did you uninstall the previous version before installing ver 1.9A?

Yes

Please describe in what way the Payload Manager is not working -- what do you see? Does anything change when you click on it, or is everything frozen?

Everything is frozen

If you had the same problem with the previous version, there is something wrong with your install since the Payload Manager works for others. So we need to try and figure why that is. The Payload Manager depends on the XMLtools64.dll file, so:

1. Please post your DLL.XML file here. It is usually located at C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.   Or, just check that your DLL.XML file contains an entry like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
      <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 5</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
  </Launch.Addon>

2. Finally, please check that you have the file XMLtools64.dll in your main P3D folder.

XMLtools64.dll is there.

Thank you for the help.

2 hours ago, LBC said:

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
   </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 5</Name>
   </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

In the above code I don't see the XMLtools64 entries that you should have in your dll.xml file. Make a backup copy of your current dll.xml file, and then using a text editor like notepad, try pasting the below into your original dll.xml file. Insert the new code block directly above the last line in your current dll.xml file, that is, directly above </SimBase.Document>.

Code to insert:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
  </Launch.Addon>

So after doing this and saving the new file, your dll.xml file should look like this:

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
   </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 5</Name>
   </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

After saving the new dll.xml file, restart P3D and see if the Payload Manager works.

Al

Hello.

I followed all the instructions and did a flight KFLL - KTPA ILS 01L.

The payload manager is still frozen and the aircraft did not capture the Glide Slope, only LOC.

I use Flight 1 GTN 750

Congratulations for the landing lights. They are fantastic!

13 minutes ago, LBC said:

The payload manager is still frozen and the aircraft did not capture the Glide Slope, only LOC.

Hmmm...let's see if we can figure out what is going on.

1. Please post your new dll.xml file here.

2. Did you use the Flysimware GPS Management tool to install the F1 GTN750 into the Falcon50, and then reload the Falcon50?

3. For the ILS into KTPA, did you have the GTN in VLOC mode, and the LOC freq in the GTN?

Al

Edited by ark

1. Please post your new dll.xml file here.

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
   </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 5</Name>
   </Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

2. Did you use the Flysimware GPS Management tool to install the F1 GTN750 into the Falcon50, and then reload the Falcon50?

Yes

3. For the ILS into KTPA, did you have the GTN in VLOC mode, and the LOC freq in the GTN?

Yes, and Yes

Thanks again for the prompt answer.

Have to ask a bunch of questions -- sorry.

Do you have the very latest GTN750 Complete from Flight1?

Does the GTN750 work OK, capture the GS, etc., with some other a/c?

Did you uninstall the old Falcon50 version before installing the new one, ver 1.9A?

Are P3D and the Falcon50 all installed on the same drive -- e.g., the C drive.

Are you using a saved flight? I and others have found it is best with a complex a/c like the Falcon50 to start with a default a/c in the P3D 'spinning' Preview window, and then switch to the Falcon50. I use the default F35 for this with good results.

What is the path to your XMLtools64.dll file? For example, mine is C:\P3Dv4\XMLtools64.dll

Thx,

Al

Hello Al.

Please ask as many questions as you want. I will be glad to answer tem.

Do you have the very latest GTN750 Complete from Flight1?

Version 2.13 with Garmin Trainer Setup 2600

Does the GTN750 work OK, capture the GS, etc., with some other a/c?

I just did the same flight, KFLL - KTPA ILS 01L with your outstanding Lear 35 with GTN 750 and she captured the Glide Slope until the DA.

Did you uninstall the old Falcon50 version before installing the new one, ver 1.9A?

Yes

Are P3D and the Falcon50 all installed on the same drive -- e.g., the C drive.

Yes

Are you using a saved flight? I and others have found it is best with a complex a/c like the Falcon50 to start with a default a/c in the P3D 'spinning' Preview window, and then switch to the Falcon50. I use the default F35 for this with good results.

I use the default F35, put it at the airport that I am intend to depart and, after it loads, I switch to the Falcon 50

What is the path to your XMLtools64.dll file? For example, mine is C:\P3Dv4\XMLtools64.dll

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Side note: When I hover the mouse pointer over the XMLTools64.dll, it shows the following popup info:

TAGUILLO FSX dll

Company Tom Aguilo

File Version 1.0.0.0

Date Created 7/11/2019

With best regards,

Lincoln