Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Colors of the "Queen" (iFly B744 V2)

Today, I went on bit of a spree to collect additional liveries for my recent acquisition, iFly B747-400, (and then installed those repaints, effortlessly, I must say, via the Config tool) - all such activity, always, a fun exercise! I'd earlier posted an account of the flight (Auckland to Nadi), my very first flight, with this SIM, in the Air Pacific livery. Here, instead, find a collection of twelve B747 airline liveries (including a few not-so-frequently-seen). I've also included many well-known airlines in the mix. The less than well-known (and less than high-profile) Airline liveries are always intriguing and naturally beg some questions such as (a) Are these Airlines now operative or defunct? (b) What regions do (or did) they represent and serve? (c) What kind of aircraft did they operate in their fleet? (d) And, if operative, how are they (e.g. financially) doing now? etc.

This set, below, includes paints such as for UTA (old) French Airline, Pullmantur Air (currently Wamos Air), Royal Air Marco (RAM), (unique) Orange KLM, Ansett Australia (this, btw, is Reg. (VH-ANB), which is the previous uniform of Air Pacific's very last B747, (DQ-FJK), that I'd mentioned in my earlier post), (Old) Air France, (ever classic) PAN AM, (Retro) Thai Airways, Atlas Air, and Lufthansa (note Spelling of logo script on the fuselage)....All images are taken just after lift-off from (KSEA) - either Rwy 34R or Rwy 16L. Thanks for viewing and hope you enjoy these pictures from the SIM. [iFly/Orbx/REX, & the painters of these liveries]

BTW, also, find, below, bits of supporting notes on some of these liveries shown:

1. (Old) French UTA [It was the largest privately owned Airline based out of (CDG) France, and at one point, had the largest African network of any European Airline. In 1990, UTA, along with Air Inter and Air France itself, was absorbed into the expanded Air France group. Subsequently, in 1992, UTA ceased to exist as a legal entity within the group. UTA had two 747-400s in the fleet.]
  2. Pullmantur Air (currently known as Wamos Air) [Wamos Air is a (Madrid based) Spanish Charter & Pleasure Airline. It currently has an evenly comprised fleet of A330s and B747s, with the latter to be retired by 2023.]
  3. Eva Air [This is an interesting Airline (EVA for Evergreen Airways)...you may recall the famous (and eye-catching) "Hello Kitty" Eva Jet paints. Eva (out of Taiwan) is one of the few Airlines that operates international services both with passenger and dedicated cargo. It is a highly rated Airline, being one among the select group of (elite) 5-star Airlines. And, also, it has a remarkable safety record in nearly 30 years of operation.]
  4. Royal Air Marco (RAM) [This Casablanca based Carrier's roots go back to 1946, with first flights using (those ubiquitous) Ju-52s of the time. In 1986, RAM set a record with its first B757 service out of Africa, with a 5000 (nm) miles flight from Casablanca to Seattle, non-stop. In September 2018, RAM retired its sole Boeing 747-400.]
  5. Lufthansa (Fanhansa) [For this special livery, Lufthansa ‘re-labeled’ its B747 as ‘Fanhansa’ to celebrate the 2014 World Cup held in Brazil. The B747-8i (D-ABYI) flew around the world serving as bit of an ambassador for the German Football team. Once Germany clinched the 2014 World Cup, the aircraft had the additional ‘Siegerflieger’ logo added which translates (roughly in English) to "Winners Plane" (or "Aircraft of the Winners"). As a side note, in the (2014) World Cup final, Germany had defeated Argentina (1-0).]
  6. Orange KLM [If you're used to the characteristic Blue, you may find this paint interesting. Here, the well-known KLM Blue is being combined with orange highlights. The transition between the two colors features aspects of the Dutch flag. The combination emphasizes KLM's Dutch roots and pride in the national color of the Netherlands. KLM has started retiring its B747s, and is expected to retire all of them by 2021.]

u96tmH.png

XL7fdO.png

cR6DKX.png

jOrSQR.png

jjFbSz.png

8DWybD.png

D6EeSB.png

NHwlAj.png

F4SLnn.png

pIO7X8.png

KX3wke.png

rnwOHl.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

What a lovely set of repaints for the iFly 747-400. Wish I could download these liveries of memory-evoking airliners for my PMDG fleet. But, if as I hazard a guess, these operators would have been more pre-400 series, then the realism is lost for me.

• Like 1

***What a Beauty!!!***

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

9 hours ago, vc10man said:

...Wish I could download these liveries of memory-evoking airliners for my PMDG fleet. But, if as I hazard a guess, these operators would have been more pre-400 series, then the realism is lost for me.

Rick: Thanks!

You've a good point and that's a reasonable guess...without the iconic bump of the "400", you will surely lose some of the realism in the B747 livery...although, personally, in general, I'm a big fan of airline colors, (and especially the classic ones), whether they are "technically" (and "period-wise") accurate...

And, for the Airlines, I've selected here, except for UTA/Ansett, all seem to have have survived, to this day, and UTA/Ansett, did actually operate the 400 as part of their fleet.....

So, do keep looking for the PMDG (classic) liveries for your own flights. I think you will be fine...the "un-sung" painters will always come to your rescue....🙂...

7 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

***What a Beauty!!!***

Patrick:

No matter, how long the "Queen" reigns, that would always hold true....🙂...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, P_7878 said:

You've a good point and that's a reasonable guess...without the iconic bump of the "400", you will surely lose some of the realism in the B747 livery...although, personally, in general, I'm a big fan of airline colors, (and especially the classic ones), whether they are "technically" (and "period-wise") accurate...

And, for the Airlines, I've selected here, except for UTA/Ansett, all seem to have have survived, to this day, and UTA/Ansett, did actually operate the 400 as part of their fleet.....

So, do keep looking for the PMDG (classic) liveries for your own flights. I think you will be fine...the "un-sung" painters will always come to your rescue....🙂...

Thanks for that. Oddly enough, your reply should come through when I am about 2000 miles away from FSDG's FACT in an Air India old-style livery PMDG 747-400v3. As The Queen is a long-legged bird, I generally only have time at weekends for long-hauls.

Never quite managed the Ansett 747-400 as from Perth to Melbourne, at night, they only flew the 767. Will hunt for the other liveries.

• Like 1

Wow! Some. NIce shots there! Brings back memories especially the Ansett airlines as a kid growing up in Sydney watching that aircraft taking off from Sydney  airport around the corner from my place.

mike

• Like 1

Beautiful set and intriguing story once again!

I really look forward to your posts.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Mike: Thank you. Yes, the Ansett livery always catches the eye...!

Rick: Regarding, "...2000 miles away from FSDG's FACT in an Air India old-style livery PMDG 747-400v3...", that great combo (plane/livery/scenery), you've there, sounds, indeed, exciting...enjoy...!

Steve: Thanks! I hope to do one more "wave" of search for these 747 liveries, for my own use, all of them look so good...(but first back to catching up a bit with their 500+ pg manuals...🙂...great iFly customized documentation with it...)...