Sign in to follow this  
Kenjiro75

MSFS 2020 Addon quality

8 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Doesn't anyone think that perhaps the aircraft displayed thus far in '2020' are lend/lease from their developers?

On 1/18/2020 at 5:32 PM, tweekz said:

Plot twist: PMDG works together with Microsoft to provide an accurate default 737 at launch. 😄

😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I think the competence of MS / Asobo in comparison to third party developers when it comes to develop high quality aircraft is in parts highly underestimated here.

Why shouldn't MS / Asobo with all their resources be able to do what third party developers do with a handful of developers? These resources not only include the deepest first hand knowledge of how the new sim works, but also partnerships with aircraft manufacturers. As we have seen so far, these partnerships go far beyond just the licensing for the brand name. lmagine MS / Asobo get some access to the knowledge of Airbus engineers when it comes to simulate the A320 systems and aerodynamics. They would start their work from a totally different level than for example FSL had to do (the latter aren't even allowed to use the brand name „Airbus").

And from what we've seen so far from the new sim and heard from the enthusiastic developers at Asobo, creating a highly realistic aircraft for them is a labor of love as it is for A2A.

Add to that their general approach not to do things half-arsed. lf they make an aircraft l'm sure they will go the extra mile to make it excellent.

So I also expect „default aircraft" will no longer mean „basic aircraft" but instead it will be the new „standard of excellence".

And when MS / Asobo have acquired the knowledge to build high quality aircraft it would be a waste of resources if they would stop with the release of the sim. I expect them to release more high quality aircraft over the next years, available as paid DLC.

And that might not only be valid for aircraft but for airports as well.

From what we've seen from KSFO in the latest video, I expect MS / Asobo to include a few „high definition" airports that are at least at the same level as the likes of Flightbeam and FSDT - and then add more of them in the coming years as DLC.

That doesn't mean that there won't be room for third party developers any more.

Just because of the sheer quantity of aircraft / airports, MS / Asobo can't do them all.

But quality-wise I expect „default" to be the new standard, third party developers will have to live up to.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 1/18/2020 at 5:32 PM, tweekz said:

Plot twist: PMDG works together with Microsoft to provide an accurate default 737 at launch. 😄

The only Boeing I am mostly  looking forward to, is the Boeing Model 75*.

*75 not 757

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Why shouldn't MS / Asobo with all their resources be able to do what third party developers do with a handful of developers?

Excluding the materials cost and logistics, building a realistic simulator aircraft is harder than building a real one.

Because with the real one you dont have to worry about it defying the laws of physics and you can just buy in the avionics and plug them in.

Upside is you only have to build it once and when its done making duplicates costs nothing.

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Excluding the materials cost and logistics, building a realistic simulator aircraft is harder than building a real one.

Sure, like did you know that the Airbus A320 was actually designed by a team consisting of only 5 people. 3 of them were doing some fancy 3D model on 3ds Max and the other two took care that it feels and behaves like a real aircraft should. They were really lucky to find a documentation of a FBW system someone lost. So they reworked it and plugged it in. Took them 2 years of development, but then it changed the aviation market forever.

Similar with the 737Max, only that QA wasn't that successfull. But who could've known - it's easier than creating a flightsim addon after all. 😉

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I hope so!

But the cockpit view of the A320 in one of their videos disappointed me a lot. It doesn't seem to have been done by laser scanner like the others. I hope it gets MUCH better.

16 minutes ago, tweekz said:

5 people. 3 of them were doing some fancy 3D model on 3ds Max and the other two took care that it feels and behaves like a real aircraft should

Are you suggesting it will end up like FSX and they'll just wrap the cessna 172 flight model around a carbon cub model - most people would never notice anyway, and anyone complaining could just be banned for trolling or told they had their expectations to high....

I expect it to be at least slightly higher quality than that. They are entering a crowded market with competition now.

AutoATC Developer

28 minutes ago, Deleted said:

But the cockpit view of the A320 in one of their videos disappointed me a lot. It doesn't seem to have been done by laser scanner like the others. I hope it gets MUCH better.

If I remember correctly it was one of the earlier videos and we haven't seen the A320 cockpit again since then. 

I'm sure that was pretty early work in progress. All the displays were more like placeholders and didn't look like the real thing at all.

27 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Are you suggesting it will end up like FSX and they'll just wrap the cessna 172 flight model around a carbon cub model - most people would never notice anyway, and anyone complaining could just be banned for trolling or told they had their expectations to high....

I expect it to be at least slightly higher quality than that. They are entering a crowded market with competition now.

I expect crafting of an aircraft in a flight sim to be at least as sophisticated as the development of an airliner. Boeing and Airbus are jealous about the engineering software and know-how of flightsim addon devs. 😉

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Well, Boeing should've just hired the PMDG guys to fix the MAX then...

• Like 3

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

8 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Well if that happens , I'll drive. Lol 

10 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I expect crafting of an aircraft in a flight sim to be at least as sophisticated as the development of an airliner. Boeing and Airbus are jealous about the engineering software and know-how of flightsim addon devs. 😉

Boeing does have plenty of recently laid off staff that could lend a hand.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/major-boeing-supplier-to-lay-off-2-800-workers-11578678089

mostly because

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-28/boeing-s-737-max-software-outsourced-to-9-an-hour-engineers

worked out so well for them.

Lockheed have P3D, and Airbus are definitely not jealous of anyone.

https://www.airbus.com/newsroom/stories/flying-high-in-airbus-simulators.html 

AutoATC Developer

17 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Too expensive. Hire the Zibo team for the expense of a lunch...

Joke aside. It's really awesome what Zibo did for free.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

The troll is being trolled lol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

9 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I think the competence of MS / Asobo in comparison to third party developers when it comes to develop high quality aircraft is in parts highly underestimated here.

I believe that Asobo/Microsoft will also looking to make a decent financial return on their all the effort that they have expended in the last 3/4 years of development of MSFS, if they do manage to make Flight Simming more mainstream, they definitely have the knowhow and the resources to make some fantastic addons like airports and other things us mere mortals haven't even thought of yet that could make them a lot of cash, just image if they used Microsoft's immense Corporate clout to say, persuade Airbus into letting MS into develop something like a study level A380, surely every simmer would want something like this, whether or not they are an Enthusiast or a mainstream newbie, obviously for the newbie the Aircraft would have to have a world class built in tutorial system for them not to be overawed.

Edited by 188AHC
Removed long quote

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.