Sign in to follow this  
Kenjiro75

MSFS 2020 Addon quality

6 minutes ago, mSparks said:

DYOR.

So that's your conclusion. A fine demonstration of your speculation, without any real evidence to support it.

48 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

I have to ask, how many "Real Aircraft" have you built in your life?

couple of dozen when I was like 12.

Also a big fan of the Blackshape guys and gals, their CEO already helped a lot with AutoATC. Met him at GIAS last January.

45 minutes ago, azulkb said:

So that's your conclusion. A fine demonstration of your speculation, without any real evidence to support it.

I'm sure you can find more than one negative review, even if a lot of them do get deleted. Just search for their name and "deleting reviews" 

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

And what would these aircraft be? RC? 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

2 hours ago, mSparks said:

SDK in which they will be able to create and edit airports, sceneries, planes and missions.

->art assets.

Not.

Custom AI planes, Custom FMCs, Vatsim/ATC, multiplayer, trackir or anything similar.

The new PMDG planes will be livery paints of default aircraft because they only have access to the art assets in the sdk.

They must be kicking themselves for switching there business to developong for MSFS

/s  

• Like 5

That guy never ceases to entertain. I don't even get annoyed anymore I just laugh at what's said 😂

• Like 10

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

13 hours ago, mSparks said:

Excluding the materials cost and logistics, building a realistic simulator aircraft is harder than building a real one.

Because with the real one you dont have to worry about it defying the laws of physics and you can just buy in the avionics and plug them in.

Upside is you only have to build it once and when its done making duplicates costs nothing.

Cessna citation 850 development cost 775 million dollars

Airbus A380 development cost 18 billion dollars

3rd party aircraft developers for flight sims must have some massive budgets and teams

• Like 3

15 hours ago, tweekz said:

Too expensive. Hire the Zibo team for the expense of a lunch...

Joke aside. It's really awesome what Zibo did for free.

Do you think Zibo will jump ship?

1 minute ago, Noooch said:

Do you think Zibo will jump ship?

I don't.

This is a community project and X-Plane has a devoted community that can even be a little bitchy if you dare to critizise their lovechild. 😄

Sure, if they want to make money and see an opportunity. They certainly got the talent needed to be successfull. After all MS will most likely offer a much bigger market share as well. So never say never.

7 hours ago, Krakin said:

That guy never ceases to entertain. I don't even get annoyed anymore I just laugh at what's said 😂

Oh boy. I just don't get it how you can make such statements and instead of trying to fly under the radar go on reciting some loosely attached articles (that could be found for anything) to proof your point. He could be trolling. But it would be sad to invest so much valuable time in raising some eyebrowes and causing laughter...

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

FlightSimExpo Las Vegas 2020, MS and MSFS not on the list of attendees at the moment but you can bet they will be at E3 a few weeks later, mind you they don't need to sell it to the simmers,  XBOX users however are more important they need them to make the game pass bring in the money.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

32 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I don't.

This is a community project and X-Plane has a devoted community that can even be a little bitchy if you dare to critizise their lovechild. 😄

Sure, if they want to make money and see an opportunity. They certainly got the talent needed to be successfull. After all MS will most likely offer a much bigger market share as well. So never say never.

That is a shame. I am (was?) part of the XPlane community as well...

18 minutes ago, Noooch said:

That is a shame. I am (was?) part of the XPlane community as well...

Me too. I enjoy it. But if MSFS2020 offers something interesting new, I will certainly have a look at it.

P3D still has a more vital addon market than X-Plane, despite being technically inferior. So I am not scared about lack of addons for MSFS2020. Those P3D devs will certainly jump ship for the new great market sooner or later. I suspect MSFS2020 to also have a modern addon market, which is also attractive to devs. Even if they cut a part of your earnings, the benefits of a well structured market (advertisment, being present in ones mind) will still outweigh.

For how much the community will be involved remains to be seen.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

FlightSimExpo Las Vegas 2020, MS and MSFS not on the list of attendees at the moment but you can bet they will be at E3 a few weeks later, mind you they don't need to sell it to the simmers,  XBOX users however are more important they need them to make the game pass bring in the money.

If they are serious about the flight simulation community (like they have previously stated), then they need to be there.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

13 hours ago, 188AHC said:

And what would these aircraft be? RC? 

I'm betting they were balsa wood airplane kits. :laugh:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

If they are serious about the flight simulation community (like they have previously stated), then they need to be there.

They really don't.

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

11 hours ago, Theboot100 said:

Cessna citation 850 development cost 775 million dollars

Airbus A380 development cost 18 billion dollars

That includes materials cost, Airworthiness certification and the cost of making the simulators for them. I also said excluding materials cost.

7 hours ago, tweekz said:

Oh boy. I just don't get it how you can make such statements and instead of trying to fly under the radar go on reciting some loosely attached articles

Maybe you are on to something.

You should build glider addons for MSFS2020, Asobo don't think they are capable, and apparently you seem to think it would be easier than making a paper plane.

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Personally I don't think they are. If they were they wouldn't be so worried about the millions of glider pilots being able to judge their flight model.

Could lack of gliders mean they wont support engine failures....

AutoATC Developer