Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Hope this is included or considered

Reading so many good things about this sim and I know this has been covered, I'd like to add a couple small things I hope makes it in the default sim:

1. Serious Contrails - Seeing as with our sims today to get this to look realistic in the sky we need an add-on.  The effect can be so much better if it was in the sim by default.  Case in point the contrail effect in the real world only happens around the 31,000 to 41,000ft range,  they very depending on weather conditions, and the look of the default effort (FSX, FS9) is so much better than the third party solutions.  

2. Fly By view in the air - After realizing we can no longer get Active Camera (not sure of other solutions as I gave up on this), the need to have this in the sim became apparent.  It's much better than the tower view locked from you departing airport.

• Upvote 3

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

At least to your second point, I am 99% positive this is already in the sim.  I believe it was shown in the last video released a few days ago.

Fly by View is already in MSFS.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Here is a Nasa link on contrails.  https://science-edu.larc.nasa.gov/contrail-edu/science.html  In there are some links with more info on when they form.  Might be interesting to see AI or other players in multiplayer create contrails, and persistent contrails.  Be really cool if the weather model already naturally does it as part of its general weather modeling.

If the weather model is as sophisticated and organically driven as the current information suggests I'd be amazed if contrails weren't part of that.  

exciting times...

Intel i7 7700K @5.1Ghz, 32Gb DDR4, P3D v5.3 / MSFS running on Samsung 970evo plus Nvme SSD, Nvidia RTX2080ti
Samsung 55" curved 4KHDR display, Oculus Rift CV2