Sign in to follow this  
jport1

FO Setting constant landing altitude of 6000

Since that latest update the FO only sets landing altitude at 6000 ft ALL the time.

Issue?

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

7 minutes ago, jport1 said:

Since that latest update the FO only sets landing altitude at 6000 ft ALL the time.

Issue?

Joe

Am only using the Button Control and have had no issues with the FO only setting that or any altitude except the Missed Approach setting as per the Approach Brief.

On 1/18/2020 at 7:53 PM, byork said:

Joe,

Re-download FS2Crew again.  You don't have the latest version.

Hi Brian, I have the same issue with FS2Crew 1.3 for PMDG NGXu using SOP Set 2: When preparing a flight to an airport destination with an elevation higher to 6,000ft the autopilot only sets the destination altitude to 6,000. (In my case should be 7,300 for Mexico City (MMMX) or 7,900 for Quito (SEQM))

I 've just installed my PC from scratch, Windows 10 1909, P3D4.5HF3 and installed the latest FS2Crew  which is v1.3 (Donwloaded Apr 16th).

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Angel Salazar.

1 hour ago, as4lazar3 said:

Hi Brian, I have the same issue with FS2Crew 1.3 for PMDG NGXu using SOP Set 2: When preparing a flight to an airport destination with an elevation higher to 6,000ft the autopilot only sets the destination altitude to 6,000. (In my case should be 7,300 for Mexico City (MMMX) or 7,900 for Quito (SEQM))

I 've just installed my PC from scratch, Windows 10 1909, P3D4.5HF3 and installed the latest FS2Crew  which is v1.3 (Donwloaded Apr 16th).

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Angel Salazar.

Hi Angel,

That's not a bug.  In the 737, the FO will set 6000 feet in the landing pressurization controller for any airport whose altitude is above 6000 feet.

It's done to keep the cabin altitude at 6000 feet for as long as possible.

The bug described at the top of this thread was about the FO setting 6000 all the time, not just when the destination airport is above 6000.  That was fixed a long time ago.

Cheers,

Edited by byork

36 minutes ago, byork said:

Hi Angel,

That's not a bug.  In the 737, the FO will set 6000 feet in the landing pressurization controller for any airport whose altitude is above 6000 feet.

It's done to keep the cabin altitude at 6000 feet for as long as possible.

The bug described at the top of this thread was about the FO setting 6000 all the time, not just when the destination airport is above 6000.  That was fixed a long time ago.

Cheers,

Thanks for your quick answer!

This is the first time I see this, previously had the PMDG NGX with FS2Crew and the autopilot always set the elevation of the destination airport (7,300 in the case of Mexico City), that's why I supposed this is a bug, anyway I think I'll need to study the manuals or do some research.

Thanks again for the clarification.