Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

High quality secondary US airports

I like the sna lvfr one. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

ORBX.

PLEASE, PLEASE give me KABE in Pennsylvania for a more detailed airport.  PLEASE!  I buy a lot of ORBX, and I want some representation here

Stan

Is Buffalo considered a secondary airport? FlyTampa made scenery for Buffalo.

Some of these freeware airports look just as good, if not better, than some of the payware airports.

• Like 1

I want also do some flights with the Phenom 300 in US (starting from Europe), I am thinking to buy Telluride (KTEX) and Jackson Hole (KJAC), both from Orbx. 

I do not know other like these, with amazing surroundings, where a Phenom 300 can land.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD for P3D v4.5

33 minutes ago, Vali said:

I want also do some flights with the Phenom 300 in US (starting from Europe), I am thinking to buy Telluride (KTEX) and Jackson Hole (KJAC), both from Orbx. 

I do not know other like these, with amazing surroundings, where a Phenom 300 can land.

Don't forget PAVD. Valdez, Alaska. Amazing scenery. The Phenom will have no problem and its a short hop to Anchorage, AK. You might as well pick up Aerosoft ANC to go with it.

• Like 2

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

On 1/19/2020 at 6:13 AM, gregmorin said:

I concur with all of the above. all except KBLI are now on ORBX.

No, they are not.  You're confusing Riddlez with Turbulent.  BTW, I concur that Riddlez did a very nice job with KBLI and was quite disappointed when they basically disappeared from the flight sim scene.  They'd announced they were working on two airports I'd love to see done, Santa Fe, NM and Kelowna, BC Canada.  Had they ever finished either with anywhere near the quality of KBLI, I would've been thrilled.

Scott

All good suggestions. What I wish is there was some better then default US Air Force bases to accommodate my Atlas Air QOTS charter flights. Not FB quality but maybe some realistic buildings and static aircraft. I would love to have  like Travis, Yakoda, Osan, March and Dover to name a few. I know there's some of these available as freeware but most are for FS9 and ten and often just AFCADs and use default building textures. Any one have any suggestions along these lines?

Vic green

On 1/20/2020 at 6:09 PM, Ricardo41 said:

Some of these freeware airports look just as good, if not better, than some of the payware airports.

1. KFWA, Fort Wayne
  2. KRIC Richmond
  3. KTOL Toledo
  4. KONT Ontario Int.
  5. KNYL Yuma NAS
  6. KLGB Long Beach

All freeware in the AVSIM Library.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

It is interesting/unfortunate that military airports get so little attention.  Maybe due to challenges getting source materials/site visits?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

20 hours ago, ShezA said:
  1. KFWA, Fort Wayne
  2. KRIC Richmond
  3. KTOL Toledo
  4. KONT Ontario Int.
  5. KNYL Yuma NAS
  6. KLGB Long Beach

All freeware in the AVSIM Library.

And...here is the man whose freeware stuff has given me many many hours of enjoyment

• Upvote 1

I know this is not a small airport but as freeway goes try KPHL by sunskyjet. I got it to work in P3D 4.5 by manually adding the file. As for smaller airports 

KSBA, KACK , KBZN ,KHVN, KEGE, KPSP , by Orbx and KBDL by Latin VFR, Tropical Sim KABQ . Happy flight.

PAJN, Juneau.

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.