Sign in to follow this  
Ace9

SimDirector stuck on Loading Terrain 69% - Orbx Packages

My Bad, yes it was a question, 😉 because I can't get anywhere with "Load Friendly names" on, we are on the same page. 

Twin Sceneries, I am intrigued, look forward to hear about this. Does your Photoscenery have objects placed on it or a Library of objects?

I only have a huge amount of Orbx, except for the Faroe Islands, Paro, Lukla and ODG Northsea,  so cannot test out any further. apart from disabling the Aerosoft, A2A, Milviz packages etc.. 

Have you tried loading all your scenery packages but not any Orbx, apart from Global Base?   

A bad day today. Problems setting "friendly names" back to off and then SD just wouldn't cooperate anymore. I started with full sceneries and then, when i repeated the step (at least two repeats needed if you want to prove anything), it just didn't anymore. 

Regarding twin sceneries, i was hoping to be able to prove, that if you had both P3d and Orbx sceneries enabled (P3d NAW and lets say Orbx N+S California) it would break the SD. Whenever i forgot to turn off p3d sceneries, SD would not start. And now, it's not starting no matter what. I'll get it going soon (and test your last suggestion), until then, have a great flying weekend. 

Regarding photoscenery, i'm not sure if i understood it correctly (still p3d rookie), i have a photo layer (scenery) and an autogen layer (texture). So i guess library of objects?

Edited by AndrejS

Win 7 Home (SP1), i7 2600@3.4, RAM 16gb, gtx 1080 Ti, ssd disks, DELL U2715H

P3d ver 4.5.12.30293, TrackIr v5, T16000M + TWCS

Sorry to hear about the problems AndrejS.

Layers sound right, I think it's the objects that are an issue, not the photo scenery, if its layered. Interesting about the P3D NAW and Orbx NS California, I will try this out and see and let you know.

Have a great flying week end too my friend, dont work too hard on this problem 😀 thanks for the support, look forward to hear back.

Another terrible day, this time not p3d. 

RIP Kobe. 

A terrible disaster and a great loss.

My thoughts are with his family.

Hey Roger, 

last week was just too demanding at work so i had no time for testing, did squeeze a few flying hours though. Did the "all (quite a lot actually) but Orbx" thing with no success, if friendly names are left ON, catalog just keeps loading. I'm also having problems with Austria professional HD (E+W) and Slovenian scenery, which i have to resolve first before judging anything else. Hope things will get better soon. 

Maybe I'm offbase here, but SimDirector is just glacially slow to load if one's scenery library is large and full of objects.  Most of my library is stored on a 1TB Samsung 960 EVO NVMe SSD, which is lightning fast. If I open SimDirector it often takes 15 minutes before the UI is accessible. What I learned is that disabling unneeded libraries of objects is the only way to decrease the load time. I suspect that if scenery files are stored on a regular SSD or worse a mechanical HD, then loading might appear to take "forever".

If one is creating scenarios, it's best to only enable those scenery files that are to be used in SimDirector  while using it. It's a PITA solution but it does work.