Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Global Forest purchase:

Very nice...have both volume one (Europe) and volume 2  (North America)

This is Volume 2-North America in play...near the Sarnia River, between Michigan and Ontario.  The best tree and flora I've seen, and the tree placements are natural, far from XP default!

Baron-58-2020-01-18-11-50-00-PM.png

Baron-58-2020-01-18-11-51-43-PM.png

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 2

Looks very nice Mitch! I have been thinking about purchasing.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

20 minutes ago, Pugilist2 said:

Looks very nice Mitch! I have been thinking about purchasing.

I was put onto it a couple of days ago, by Peroni,...and after some due diligence, decided to buy both Vol 1 and 2.  Not disappointing in the slightest.  I had to move around a few scenery.ini and scour my .ini for any other forestry and shrubs (of which I first removed from the Scenery.ini, and then the folder itself.  Doing that...I made sure to place the Global Forest Folder below every custom airport (important!),  sitting right above my SFD, with simHeaven Europe 4.1 sitting just below that,----->...so...custom airports/Global Forest/SFD/simHeaven Europe 4.1/all your libraries/all your ortho4xp or other ortho/any custom Mesh at the bottom.   Do that, and you will see what you see here...thick forests, great placement, trees NOT where they should not be...like mountain shrub and scrub....

You do not need to delete or DISABLE/modify either the Forest Folder in both  SFD and simHeaven Europe. If the Global Forest folder sits right above SFD,  XP11 (whatever) will find that first...and disregard any other .dsf forestry reference from anything else.

BTW, Pug....Vol 2-North America--->is huge...all forestry references for the United States, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, SOUTH AMERICA, Central America.....the whole shebang!   $15.00....like duh!!!!  🙂   $11.00 for Europe.

IMPORTANT:  If one decides to purchase, after you install one, or both volumes...you need to go to the developer's update thread, and download Europe 1.4 and North America 1.1  updates. Read the directions, and update. Then, you will have the latest and greatest.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

Been flying with this product installed since yesterday morning. REALLY like this...and I would like to thank another AVSIM contributor; Peroni...for pointing it out to me. I did NOT know this product was available, and forestry depiction within default XP is not , well should I dare say; a strong suit!  I have other forestry products,  free-ware and pay-ware, but this one, really has some serious .dsf registry, and I find the many varied trees (that look very 3D and not four sided blender blades) are placed the best to date. For the asking price to cover the entire continent of North America, Hawaii, and Europe, needing both Volumes 1 and 2...you get back ten fold over. Personal opinion, of course.

Cheers,

"I love each and every addition, to polish, and buff out XP11.41" , and this addition is a new and shiny layer to the screen output, yesseriee!

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

Looks like only for X-Plane? is there a P3Dv4 one out there?

1 hour ago, lennie said:

Looks like only for X-Plane? is there a P3Dv4 one out there?

Not sure, but I would 'think' that this is only for the XP.x platform, being that the Dev is selling it off of the .org....

You could GOOGLE 'Global Forest for XPlane'...get to the .org forum...and ask your question of the Dev.  He is active and views his forum at least daily.  Right now, they are working on compiling the entire world...I think Asia and Africa is next, or in process right now.

OK many thanks! I'll do some checking!

So enjoying this product...varied species, varied heights of trees, very well placed upon Ortho4XP tiles...

Highly recommended!  For the asking price for both volumes...Europe and the entire North America, Central America and South America, including Hawaii, a no-brainer!  If forestry, is an important aspect of your visual cues and enjoyment, this is a great product offered to bring you just that...

Ses

Baron-58-2020-01-25-10-08-22.png

Baron-58-2020-01-25-10-08-39.png

Baron-58-2020-01-25-09-59-51.png

Here below,  is a varied landscape from farm land, large open farm fields, (in eastern Portugal, east of Lisbon) which clearly shows that the Global Forest placement data is pretty right on...trees where the topagraply supports them, no tree, where it does not...  XP has a very bad habit of plunking down tree art assets pretty much everywhere,  regardless of what topography!  

...as I leave farmland, and start flying towards mountains, the forestry becomes dense, as well as different species of trees and heights...

Baron-58-2020-01-25-10-37-14.png

Baron-58-2020-01-25-10-38-06.png

Baron-58-2020-01-25-10-44-58.png

Baron-58-2020-01-25-10-47-44.png

Baron-58-2020-01-25-10-49-37.png

Baron-58-2020-01-25-10-50-37.png

Baron-58-2020-01-25-10-51-15.png

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

@Sesquashtoo these are nice shots and Im debating wether to get this product as well since I want nice green dense verdant forests in my XP11. Just one question I had was - are you using Ortho in those pics? I dont have those and was wondering how this addon will look without it 🙂