Sign in to follow this  

What about light in houses and on buildings

Havent seen any pics of this, i have seen streetlights, to me it looks very weird to fly over New York city when all the buildings are dark.

Edited by Guest

Nobody knows yet. Maybe they use azure to complete this task. I suppose it can place anti collision lights and other kind of illumination effects. 

• Like 1

MS and Asobo probably want to get it right by varying the number of lights based on the time of night. 

• Like 1

I think from what we’ve seen I hope there will be more variation in colour of the lights there using especially city night scenes, seems to be just white or yellow only.

• Upvote 3

Just like they generate vehicle traffic depending on the traffic report in Bing, Asobo can generate "building traffic" like this: number of users logged in to Microsoft 365 Business accounts in said city will determine how many lights are on in the office buildings for any given time of time. There, problem solved 😁

Edited by KERNEL32
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GlideBy said:

Can't wait to fly over NYC at night -

Good luck!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

14 hours ago, ohn767 said:

Havent seen any pics of this, i have seen streetlights, to me it looks very weird to fly over New York city when all the buildings are dark.

The building aren't dark. Taxing have a glance in some livingroom windows you'll see TVs on. 

One of the journalists who attended the September preview reported watching the blue flicker of a TV in the window of a house next to the Renton airport while he waited to takeoff. If that’s true and an indication, I think we’re sorted.

Instead of having a night version of the textures with painted fake lights from windows, one trick is to create windows with a tranparency level (Alpha) and have one or more dynamic light sources inside the infrastructure. 

Now I do not know if P3D has dynamic lights for scenery but another simulator does and this trick works.

However, when it comes to apply transparency (Alpha) on windows for 22 floors 🙂 ummm.

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

As someone mentioned in another post, would be great to have some colour lights mixed in instead of the normal white and yellow lights

Love that pic of NYC

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ILSFREAK said:

As someone mentioned in another post, would be great to have some colour lights mixed in instead of the normal white and yellow lights

Love that pic of NYC

I am certain MSFS will support dynamic lights for scenery but will they be implemented as part of the default urban landscape, who knows.

Dynamic lights (like the ones happening in many engines including simulators) allow you to have any tone you wish. A virtual light source with custom direction, intensity, color etc. These are placed manually or attached to scenery objects.

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

Like rotating beacons at airports should be angled up at least 10° , not lighting the apron. Haha

• Like 1

I would like strong and sharp lights like in real life.