Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

Transponder

Hi Rich,

I can't see very well the position of the knob in your screen shot in the FS2Crew setup.

When using FS2Crew, is it set to TARA?

If it is set to TARA, it could be that Resolution Advisories are automatically suppressed...  you obviously wouldn't want a 'descend now' call at 200 feet.

• Like 1

I will get a better screenshot later today, the problem is if its left like that using FS2CREW then no TCAS targets will show up at all … to get it to work i have to recycle the transponder, it is as if the setting is not being set correctly vs the Aerosoft default FO....

If you look at this vid and fast-forward to 3.24 it shows the correct display on the Airbus ND .. TA ONLY in a white box …

ugcx_banner.png

1 hour ago, byork said:

Okay, that you said you have "cycle" the knob helps.

Are you referring to the A330 or the other models?

I dont have the 330 yet just the A318- A321 Pro at the moment

ugcx_banner.png

Hi

This is what the TCAS looks like at the start while at the gate

TCAS.jpg

During the line up checks

TCAS2.jpg

Lined up on the runway .. as you can see TA ONLY is missing on the ND

TCAS3.jpg

How it should look after  recyling the right hand STBY.. TA..TARA switch

TCAS4.jpg

hope this helps

Rich

ugcx_banner.png

So I heard back from the Aerosoft programmer...

This is what he said:

That “TA ONLY” message should be displayed when

1. switched to “TA”  (which is:  Mod_Xponder_mode = 4)

OR

1. switched to “TA/RA” (which is:  Mod_Xponder_mode = 5) and radio height < 1000ft

So there you go... below 1000 RA it should only say TA... and this makes sense... you don't want a resolution advisory at low altitude for obvious reasons.

12 hours ago, byork said:

So I heard back from the Aerosoft programmer...

This is what he said:

So there you go... below 1000 RA it should only say TA... and this makes sense... you don't want a resolution advisory at low altitude for obvious reasons.

Yeah, i know that …....."TA only" should also display on the ND in a white box as per the above pics and vid when set correctly for departure .... it does using  Aerosoft Airbus default FO .. Does on the FSLABs Airbus as i asked my mate to check what's on the ND when the Transponder is set for dep but it dosnt when using the FS2CRew version thou

ugcx_banner.png

12 hours ago, keenrw said:

Yeah, i know that …....."TA only" should also display on the ND in a white box as per the above pics and vid when set correctly for departure .... it does using  Aerosoft Airbus default FO .. Does on the FSLABs Airbus as i asked my mate to check what's on the ND when the Transponder is set for dep but it dosnt when using the FS2CRew version thou

Good news, I was able to identify the bug.

Version 4.0 is now current for the Aerosoft Airbus "Pro" Version for P3D V4.

Only Button Control was affected.

V4.0 is on the FS2Crew server now.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Hi Byran

A few flights done now and working as it should, thank you very much for fixing the error, .... and after looking over the posts it looks like i may have come over a little pushy which wasn't the case , just not very good at trying to describe the issue i had… so sorry if it came cross like that but it really was not meant to.

Thanks and stay safe

Rich

Edited by keenrw

ugcx_banner.png