Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Probably too late, but...

Here's something I never even thought of before.

Today I was setting up to make a flight out of San Fransisco.   As I started my takeoff roll, I noticed my flaps were up, I thought I had set them while on the taxiway.  So I tried to extend them.  They didn't move.  I aborted the takeoff, cut the throttle and slammed on the brakes...no response.  Ack!

I was able to slow the plane down and pull onto the last taxiway, but there was no way to contact the tower to tell them I had aborted the takeoff.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

MSFS of FSX? 

If MSFS, you shouldn't be posting here as you are under NDA. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

No no, in P3Dv4.  That's why I meant it was probably too late for something new to be added, but at least it's out there.

Operator Error:  Replace operator and press any key to continue.

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Yes yes, very amusing.  But there is no way to announce that you have aborted a takeoff was the idea.

Actually, I deleted my post because I figured out what you meant.   You want a function for the default ATC to recognize an RTO.   You are most correct, the current default ATC does not do that.

I still say it's better to fly on a realism based network.  In fact, next month we'll be formally announcing the Aerosoft Flight Sim Community, which is not only centered around flying online (Shared Cockpit flights, group flights, large events, etc.) but we are currently working on course curriculum for a bevy of live, fully interactive, one hour classes taught in an online virtual classroom where you can interact with the other people in the class, point out questions on the graphics used, everything.  After the classes you can apply what you've learned by sharing an aircraft on one of the networks with someone who can teach you the ropes.

We're up and running now, but still getting the community ready.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

5 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I still say it's better to fly on a realism based network.  In fact, next month we'll be formally announcing the Aerosoft Flight Sim Community, which is not only centered around flying online (Shared Cockpit flights, group flights, large events, etc.

Dave, (and sorry for this out-of-topic question Andy), will this be open to anyone interested?

Mario Di Lauro

13 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Dave, (and sorry for this out-of-topic question Andy), will this be open to anyone interested?

Open to pretty much to most anyone. We are doing some things to prevent known trolls from getting in.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

That sounds like a lot of fun Dave..and educational also so we can use P3D Professional. :laugh:

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

56 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

That sounds like a lot of fun Dave..and educational also so we can use P3D Professional. :laugh:

Ted

Hello my friend, great to hear from you!

Dave Hodges