Sign in to follow this  
b737800

ALPHA (fka Tech Alpha 2) Invite Emails

2 hours ago, Jazznow said:

You've got an excuse to buy a new GPU. My wifey would kick me out of the house if I'd tell her, that I'm going to spend 800€ for a new GPU, just because I want one not because I need one 🙂

Sometimes a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do.

According to insider forum statistics, there are 2174 basic users.

Quite many people on board. Makes me even more disappointed.

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

11 minutes ago, zemez said:

According to insider forum statistics, there are 2174 basic users.

Quite many people on board. Makes me even more disappointed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think 2000 of them are coming from Tech Alpha 1 wave 1. So, only 174 testers one Tech Alpha 1 wave 2, there a lot of place for us guys!!

There’s a spreadsheet that someone made on reddit with the specs of people being invited on this wave and there’s a lot of people with 16GB of ram. There’s even one person with 8GB.

But apparently no Laptops were selected.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13pYJ23Pgfz1YtRU8xnfz7QjitFwLh2CvhSsHbB37Dvo/htmlview?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Sweet, I got the Invite for the Alpha 2 yesterday 🙂 

It was flagged by (ironically Microsoft's) Spam Filter, so I just saw it today.

Edited by eXpress48

On the Sheet 1 however it says that all those with 16gb and 8gb of ram didn't get an invite, unless it's an outdated sheet

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

THERE IS A GOD!

Just received my ALPHA acceptance email. Good luck to all that still haven't received.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

On the Sheet 1 however it says that all those with 16gb and 8gb of ram didn't get an invite, unless it's an outdated sheet

You are right. I thought everybody on the list were accepted. Just saw that part where they put if they were accepted or not.

I don’t see the point in including people not accepted on that list, but...

Still waiting... Endlessly waiting...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, b737800 said:

THERE IS A GOD!

Just received my ALPHA acceptance email. Good luck to all that still haven't received.

You too.  I really think im going to be alone here after these days😄 

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

5 minutes ago, b737800 said:

THERE IS A GOD!

Congrats! I wish I could say the same 😞

Just wondering, which screen res do you have 

5 minutes ago, aleex said:

Congrats! I wish I could say the same 😞

Just wondering, which screen res do you have 

2 x 3440 x 1440 at the mo. Lots of other choices, but these screens are MAGIC for my development work. Samsung SE790Cs. Bought them when they first came out and although they are now old school in terms of refresh rate (60hz) they are flipping amazing in every other respect.

interestingly my email is slightly different than those above. The main email body is white rather than grey.

Edited by b737800
Additional info
  • Upvote 1

Hello @ll,

please be extra careful.

I just received an email looking like the one posted above, but it was a phishing attempt.

The pictures on it all link back to a potentially malicious site, so it is no wonder that they get stuck in spam filters etc.

DONT CLICK ON ANYTHING IN THAT EMAIL - and consider changing your Microsoft account password ASAP. (Unless you are 1000% certain that it is genuine.)

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

2 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

please be extra careful.

I just received an email looking like the one posted above, but it was a phishing attempt.

The pictures on it all link back to a potentially malicious site, so it is no wonder that they get stuck in spam filters etc.

DONT CLICK ON ANYTHING IN THAT EMAIL - and consider changing your Microsoft account password ASAP. Unless you are 1000% certain that it is genuine.

Best regards

whaaat? really?

Very good heads-up Lorby_SI, thank you. This is somewhat worrying, considering that whoever sent them must know the e-mail addresses of those who signed up for the Tech Alpha. Maybe it could be related to AVSIM?