Sign in to follow this  
b737800

ALPHA (fka Tech Alpha 2) Invite Emails

3 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

I just received an email looking like the one posted above, but it was a phishing attempt.

DONT CLICK ON ANYTHING IN THAT EMAIL - and consider changing your Microsoft account password ASAP.

Are you sure you just don't have the correct intermediary certs for the SSL they've used? Works fine on my latest machine but a slightly older machine that is shy of a few updates complains that the certs are invalid. All links look OK though.

17 minutes ago, b737800 said:

THERE IS A GOD!

Just received my ALPHA acceptance email. Good luck to all that still haven't received.

Congratulations on acheiving immortality!

Dont be a stranger to us mortals now.

• Like 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Just now, Baber20 said:

Congratulations on acheiving immortality!

Dont be a stranger to us mortals now.

I wont. I felt that pain too.

• Like 1

Just now, b737800 said:

Are you sure you just don't have the correct intermediary certs for the SSL they've used? Works fine on my latest machine but a slightly older machine that is shy of a few updates complains that the certs are invalid. All links look OK though.

Yes, I am sure.

The links all went to a completely different site which is known to be malicious. I was too quick deleting it, but I will try to find out the URL.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

1 minute ago, Lorby_SI said:

Yes, I am sure.

I see you're listed as a commercial member and a developer. Perhaps it was relatively easy for them to find your email address using those cues.

I see they are again allowing users to update their DirectX file.

Wonder what that means?

I've been trying to update mine since I finished my new build.  Not sure if it will impact this round of testing invites, but I can hope.

Kevin Young

3 minutes ago, b737800 said:

Perhaps it was relatively easy for them to find your email address using those cues.

I wish. Unfortunately the address was the one from my Microsoft account, which is not public knowledge. Otherwise it would have been obvious.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Just now, Lorby_SI said:

I wish. Unfortunately the address was the one from my Microsoft account, which is not public knowledge. Otherwise it would have been obvious.

Best regards

Interesting. I was a little concerned because my email is a slightly different format than the ones that have been posted. The main background is white rather than grey, there is a larger gap between the "So sit back, relax...." paragraph and the "Thank You!" line and there is a footer (in black) with MS logo, unsubscribe and privacy links plus the XBox logo.

All the links go to either flightsimulator.com (the top banner which is exactly the same as the posted emails) or microsoft.com though, so all looks good.

11 minutes ago, b737800 said:

Interesting. I was a little concerned because my email is a slightly different format than the ones that have been posted. The main background is white rather than grey, there is a larger gap between the "So sit back, relax...." paragraph and the "Thank You!" line and there is a footer (in black) with MS logo, unsubscribe and privacy links plus the XBox logo.

All the links go to either flightsimulator.com (the top banner which is exactly the same as the posted emails) or microsoft.com though, so all looks good.

I'm using Dark Mode in my E-Mail Client which darkens the Background. I just looked at it again without dark mode on and the Background is Grey and White. I removed the Space between "So sit back..." and Thank you in my Screenshot, so it looks better. Didn't think someone would look that closely 😛 

Edited by eXpress48
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, eXpress48 said:

I'm using Dark Mode in my E-Mail Client which darkens the Background. I just looked at it again without dark mode on and the Background is Grey and White. I removed the Space between "So sit back..." and Thank you in my Screenshot, so it looks better. Didn't think someone would look that closely 😛 

Phew..... exactly the same as mine ) I'm a developer, I have to look at things that closely...

Edited by b737800
  • Like 1

Guys and gals, just please be careful.

Btw. posting these emails here is ideal material for every attacker to make them even more perfect. Mine looked exactly the same btw. (light color and all)
Which is probably one of the reasons why testers are not allowed to share anything publicly.

Best reagrds

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

15 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Guys and gals, just please be careful.

Btw. posting this here is ideal material for any attacker to make them even more perfect. Mine looked exactly the same btw. (light color and all)
Which is probably one of the reasons why testers are not allowed to share anything publicly.

Best reagrds

Fair point.

Edited by eXpress48

30 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Very good heads-up Lorby_SI, thank you. This is somewhat worrying, considering that whoever sent them must know the e-mail addresses of those who signed up for the Tech Alpha. Maybe it could be related to AVSIM?

There are many ways of getting addresses that are likely to be linked to a Microsoft account (or Google, or Apple, or...). 

Best regards

LORBY-SI