Sign in to follow this  
b737800

ALPHA (fka Tech Alpha 2) Invite Emails

8 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Are we sure they are only going after certain systems specs? They will probably have other criteria as well based on the survey which may explain why some with similar systems to those who have been selected have not been invited (so far).

I think they are looking for people who are simming many hours per week, which obviously makes sense,

I remember choosing 2-4h/week in the survey. Maybe that's why I'm not invited while others with same specs (32gb ram, 6700k, 1080ti) are.

Edited by flxwng

Like a rat on a sinking ship I am officially leaving the 16gb gang and moving up in the world, I just can’t handle this rejection... 16gb is on order.... no doubt I’ll still be here with my 32gb crying quietly in the corner while tears drop onto my f5 key.

Got mine.

2080 TI, i9 9900K, 32GB

I chose low hours so its not just that. I signed up on Day One and didnt get into the first Alpha.

Edited by teflocarbon

Got mine my specs

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6
750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

Are we sure they are only going after certain systems specs? They will probably have other criteria as well based on the survey which may explain why some with similar systems to those who have been selected have not been invited (so far).

There is almost certainly other criteria being used. Experience with sims and flying, both heavy and light users, and possibly something like geographic location.

22 minutes ago, Mark_A said:

Any from Australia get in? I am and have not. 

Again frustrating.

From Sydney mate, nothing over here yet! Still a few days to go though...

30 minutes ago, Mark_A said:

Any from Australia get in? I am and have not. 

Again frustrating.

I'm in SE Asia (and not one of the modern cities) so they are at least including locations other than mainstream.

8 hours ago, Carts85 said:

Like a rat on a sinking ship I am officially leaving the 16gb gang and moving up in the world, I just can’t handle this rejection... 16gb is on order.... no doubt I’ll still be here with my 32gb crying quietly in the corner while tears drop onto my f5 key.

Microsoft is clearly choosing high end systems which leads to the current situation, people will begin to invest in hardware only to be choosen for the Alpha, I understand you but I don't think that's very healthy. 

The questionnaire covered a lot of ground. I think the assumption that the only qualifier is RAM or some other high-speed component is likely erroneous. Didn't someone just say they got in with only 8GB?

Alternative analysis: applicants are chosen at random in a lottery with no specific dependence on any set of qualifiers. The apparent preponderance of >=32GB could be explained by PC simmers' proclivity for higher-end hardware.

I doubt the majority of Alpha testers post either here or Reddit, so our sample is likely skewed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The fact that they mentioned wave 1 in their update seems to suggest that there'll be other waves to come. 

It therefore makes me wonder if they are doing it in waves so as to mitigate the risk of a server crash due to too much demand as a result of simultaneous downloads of the end user files. After all if the server crashes you can bet your bottom dollar that people will be jumping straight on avsim to complain about it meaning bad PR for Microsoft. 

LOL.... Avsim is not the spokesplace for MSFS.. really!! There are actually more sim sites out there.

The different waves refer to the 2,3 or 4 different invites to test the sim.

I'm sure any complaints are better served by sending to MS directly.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

It could be that so far they are picking decently powerful reasons for two reasons:

1. Lack of optimization
  2. Lack of lot of different lod levels, textures on various qualities (besides those downloaded from Bing) which would end up saturating the VRAM of most low/medium level GPUs

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."