Sign in to follow this  
b737800

ALPHA (fka Tech Alpha 2) Invite Emails

Folks can try to piece the acceptance puzzle together until they are blue in the face, but it's more than likely never going to be pieced together.

I've beta tested every MS flightsim since FS2000 and I have not gotten the invite. This is Alpha. There is a long way to go before release, so not getting in at Alpha doesn't mean you won't get in at Beta if they decide to open it to the insider folks (which I would guess they will).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Baber20 said:

About to give up aswell. Hopefully there'll be an open beta so we can try it before release. This crazy lotto invitation system is a trainwreck. People who registered wayyyy after me got accepted. I am not even mad right now. Just lmao at my pathetic luck and this entire fiasco.

Why is it a fiasco? Some people are in some are out. Keep enjoying what you already have for now. Microsoft has a method for picking people we don't know what it is, many people are speculating however. We can see it is probably not based on the order of when people registered. I don't see how many are venting because they weren't picked. Kind of crazy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, tpete61 said:

I don't see how many are venting because they weren't picked. Kind of crazy.

Said it a couple of times before but I will say it again. Some of us are word not allowed off because we believe it is highly unfair to us that they selected people who registered AFTER us and then went as far as to open the registration again so that our chances of getting selected get further lowered as the pool size increases because it is very obvious now that not getting selected DOES NOT increase your luck points of getting selected in future waves. And that is why this entire selection process is a fiasco. 

• Like 2

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

4 hours ago, b737800 said:

Today's (Friday) emails might not have started yet. I got mine 22 hours ago as part of their Thursday batch.

What can I say you are right 

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

14 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Said it a couple of times before but I will say it again. Some of us are word not allowed off because we believe it is highly unfair to us that they selected people who registered AFTER us and then went as far as to open the registration again so that our chances of getting selected get further lowered as the pool size increases because it is very obvious now that not getting selected DOES NOT increase your luck points of getting selected in future waves. And that is why this entire selection process is a fiasco. 

Entitled much?

• Like 4

Just got my invite and am shocked.  I enrolled day one for Tech Alpha 1.  I have an 8770K, 1080TI and 64 gigs RAM.

At this point being shocked means getting in with 16gb of ram 😛

Anyway, remember what they said, at some point every insider will try it.  They never said in which wave or testing phase it is, but we gotta be hopeful 😛 If it fails oh well, if the game is worth it we'll see with our own eyes once it's released 🙂

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

5 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

At this point being shocked means getting in with 16gb of ram 😛

Anyway, remember what they said, at some point every insider will try it.  They never said in which wave or testing phase it is, but we gotta be hopeful 😛 If it fails oh well, if the game is worth it we'll see with our own eyes once it's released 🙂

With game release every insider will try it, of course...

I don't mind waiting 6 months to test an Alpha/Beta...but what I'm not a fan of is being told "sign up to the Alpha" on every update & press video and then a complete lack of transparency over who gets into the first few waves.

Asobo if you're reading this then all I'm saying is that a bit of transparency will go a long way to calm the frustrations of those of us who are not in (yet) !

Edited by highflyer2020

Interesting as to why, just because people have signed up as Alpha testers, they think that MS/Asobo is obliged to appoint them.

This forum has really become a Pity Party, for those that are upset that their 64GB ram entitles them to be selected as a game tester.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

7 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

Asobo if you're reading this then all I'm saying is that a bit of transparency will go a long way to calm the frustrations of those of us who are not in (yet) !

Well if they confirmed that they prefer users with 32GB RAM, everyone would rush to upgrade their systems, resubmit the DxDiag files, and even change their answers in case they revealed their criteria regarding the survey questions. It really wouldn't be healthy for the testing programme. By the looks of it there are tons of people who signed up for the Tech Alpha, so even if anyone meets said criteria, it does not guarantee access which would frustrate them even more. There has to be some randomisation at play. Though at this point, I think it would be fair to prioritise those who signed up during the first recruitment process (which started four and a half months ago), and since they are converging all Tech Alpha builds into one, to not open another recruitment process for quite a while.

43 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

IThis forum has really become a Pity Party, for those that are upset that their 64GB ram entitles them to be selected as a game tester.

NO IT AINT  !!    😩

Never 😪

NOT I  😥😫

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

This forum has really become a Pity Party, 

It's understandable.  There is a lot of excitement here for the new sim and many of us want to help with it's development and see it for ourselves.  We want to be part of the community who is currently flying in the new sim and bug testing it, not on the outside.

For those of us who have not gotten in yet, despite many of us signing up on day one, yes we are disappointed.  Rejection is never a fun experience in life.

The pity party is understandable in my opinion.

Edited by Mengy
  • Like 3

Why do you guys have so much anxiety by not being included YET. You do realize that there is a lot more testing to be done before release don't you? 

I suspect everyone that applied so far is in a randomized pool and I feel like your number will come up eventually. Have a little faith. 🙋

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Well if they confirmed that they prefer users with 32GB RAM, everyone would rush to upgrade their systems, resubmit the DxDiag files, and even change their answers in case they revealed their criteria regarding the survey questions. It really wouldn't be healthy for the testing programme. By the looks of it there are tons of people who signed up for the Tech Alpha, so even if anyone meets said criteria, it does not guarantee access which would frustrate them even more. There has to be some randomisation at play. Though at this point, I think it would be fair to prioritise those who signed up during the first recruitment process (which started four and a half months ago), and since they are converging all Tech Alpha builds into one, to not open another recruitment process for quite a while.

Makes me wonder how people have submitted fake DXDiag files to show 32GB of ram instead of actually going out and buying ram.