Sign in to follow this  
b737800

ALPHA (fka Tech Alpha 2) Invite Emails

1 minute ago, steveli said:

Did you received the 2nd email, which provide you the download link?

Nope, just the invite, which came pretty late in the batch, on the 3rd or 4th day I think.

1 hour ago, steveli said:

Did you get the email from Microsoft to provide the download link or you just find the download in Xbox Insider Hub?

Email with a link but I had to download it from Xbox app.

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

36 minutes ago, 01pewterz28 said:

Email with a link but I had to download it from Xbox app.

Xbox Console Companion App?

Other xbox app?

12 minutes ago, irrics said:

Xbox Console Companion App?

Other xbox app?

Xbox Insider Hub from Microsoft store.

• Upvote 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

No email needed (to start downloading and run). Just install XBox Insider Hub (from Microsoft Store), join MSFS Alpha (insider hub), download simulator installer from Microsoft Store.

Edited by Emerson67

I have not got the 2nd email for download link, BUT the installation is in my Xbox insider hub already!!! Now I need to update my windows 10 to the latest version on my desk top computer in order to download FS2020 on it. So excited now!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, steveli said:

I have not got the 2nd email for download link, BUT the installation is in my Xbox insider hub already!!! Now I need to update my windows 10 to the latest version on my desk top computer in order to download FS2020 on it. So excited now!

Does it just show up inside Xbox Insider Hub under Games "tab" at top?

Edited by irrics

I don't see the build either, and am waiting on 2nd email for installation.  So people that just got accepted into the Wave 1 Tech Alpha can get the build without the installation e-mail?  That seems odd.  I can see how that may be for those that were part of Tech Alpha 1.

6 minutes ago, steveli said:

I was accepted as new Alpha tester, not Tech alpha 1.

Ok thanks for the info.  There is no Alpha page in my Insider content tab...just two Xbox games and a System section with Windows Gaming and Xbox Insider Program...oh well I'll see what happens tomorrow on the last day.

17 minutes ago, gregda said:

Ok thanks for the info.  There is no Alpha page in my Insider content tab...just two Xbox games and a System section with Windows Gaming and Xbox Insider Program...oh well I'll see what happens tomorrow on the last day.

Same here.

I'm guessing its a dice-roll.

And then......... There is the dreaded rejection Email........ 😋

5hBuYs.png

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

12 hours ago, steveli said:

Did you get the email from Microsoft to provide the download link or you just find the download in Xbox Insider Hub?

I also got the email with the access data.

EDIT: As for the access selection, they're probably gathering data from DirectX and see whether your machine or "profile" fits their needs somehow. I don't believe it's a random pick.

Edited by Nuno Pinto

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

This brings up a good point..

Can you update your submitted DxDiag somehow?

My machine specs changed a touch (different GPU)